Ninja NJ600 Professional Blender  » Housewares  »
  • We have had a Ninja food processor for a while now and have been very happy with the performance of the blades, however we were very disappointed with the difficulty of keeping it fully clean since there are multiple parts of the blade that get food particles in the crevices and the actual motor which makes the blender run is part of the top cover, which means tons of processed food IN the power of the blender
  • The wattage on this blender was also far more impressive than any other selection for the price, 1000 watts, compared to most others' 500-700 was pretty amazing for under $100
  • One of the best aspects of this blender is that the blade bar is tall and goes almost all the way up to the top of the blender so food does not have to circulate to the bottom in order to get processed quickly and efficiently
  • Also, this blender, although not much larger than most others on the market, holds an impressive nine cups, which means that there is no spillage when you put in too many ingredients, something that we are definitely guilty of on occasion, we like to pile up the nutrients
  • This is a bit of a problem since sometimes my boyfriend and I get up at drastically different times and running the blender means waking each other up

• by agoobacha

My boyfriend and I have been vegetarians for a while now, but we recently felt that even as such we have been eating a bit too much crap for our liking and decided to give the raw diet a try. After reading some books and articles, we begun purchasing the supplies necessary to make this endeavor a success, most importantly a blender. After perusing the aisles at our local target we settled on the Ninja NJ600 Professional Blender, which seemed to meet all of our needs. We have had a Ninja food processor for a while now and have been very happy with the performance of the blades, however we were very disappointed with the difficulty of keeping it fully clean since there are multiple parts of the blade that get food particles in the crevices and the actual motor which

makes the blender run is part of the top cover, which means tons of processed food IN the power of the blender! The NJ600 seemed far more efficient because it was structured more like a regular blender, with the power at the bottom, where no food can get into it, and the blade being a single part. The wattage on this blender was also far more impressive than any other selection for the price, 1000 watts, compared to most others’ 500-700 was pretty amazing for under $100.

After bringing it home we set it up immediately. I use the term set-up lightly because there was literally no set up, just put the removable blade into its place, plug it in and you’re ready to go. We decided to make a smoothie and after rinsing the blender out we began piling fruits and veggies in. One of the best aspects of this blender is that the blade bar is tall and goes almost all the way up to the top of the blender so food does not have to circulate to the bottom in order to get processed quickly and efficiently. Also, this blender, although not much larger than most others on the market, holds an impressive nine cups, which means that there is no spillage when you put in too many ingredients, something that we are definitely guilty of on occasion, we like to pile up the nutrients.

We started out with making a very large smoothie full of ingredients, going all the way up to the top of the blender. Upon putting the blender on the second most powerful setting we watched as the fruit and veggies were decimated within seconds into ...

• Ninja NJ600 Professional Blender
      nothing but pulp, then juice. There are three settings and we tried out the third one just to see how must faster the blades can go and it is pretty fast! Although we put in oranges with the rinds on them as well as kiwis and berries, which have those little annoying seeds that get stuck in your teeth, the blender completely decimated them. We had a totally smooth delicious juice in minutes. We spent a good amount of timing chopping things up before putting them in, but we quickly realized there was no need to do that and the next day made a smoothie with basically throwing in large chunks and still the result was the same.

A few days ago I even put in a bunch of almonds in, completely dry, adding nothing and wanting to make almond

butter and although there was some scraping of almond dust from the sides involved, the actual blending took only a few minutes. Most recipes that I read suggested that the blender would have to go for at least fifteen minutes, for me it only took about five, which shows how powerful this thing is.

The only downside that I have found so far is that this is a very VERY loud blender! When I was making that almond butter, the first few seconds were almost deafening and terrified my cat, I walked out literally hearing everything else in a muted way. This is a bit of a problem since sometimes my boyfriend and I get up at drastically different times and running the blender means waking each other up.

Still, this is a great and useful purchase especially if you do a lot of blending like us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533041571710430/k2311a043/4.3.12