Christmas Letter by Debbie Macomber book  » Books  »
  • Despite the fact that it isn’t Christmas time, I still enjoyed this book
  • I thought this story was very heartwarming and it was a make you feel good story
  • His character needs a serious Christmas angel to visit him, in my opinion

• by Janet

Despite the fact that it isn’t Christmas time, I still enjoyed this book. Dr. Jeffries and Katherine O’Connor are the main characters. They are brought together by fate. It was foreseen in Katherine’s neighbor’s box of kitty litter. They discover right away that they believe differently about how to raise kids with the notion of Christmas. Katherine is determined to prove him wrong by having him help baby sit her nieces. It becomes obvious that his parenting methods aren’t working but he refused to admit that he could be wrong about everything.

I liked that this story because it was really easy to follow. I realized that from the first page to the last page there was something to get

interested about and so I kept reading. I thought this story was very heartwarming and it was a make you feel good story. After having serious health issues recently, this story was so timely for me. In many ways it brought me out of my sad slump. My all time part of this story is the incident with the twins, the Christmas Tree and a rare mouse. The author does something out of the blue and creates a very humorous scene that you will laugh about all night.

I hated that Dr. Wynn Jeffries was totally against Christmas. He felt that Christmas was ruining children. It really disturbed me that the author kept going on and on about Dr. Wynn’s disgust for Christmas.

• If I pick up a book to read for my enjoyment, I want to be entertained and feel good about what I’m reading. I am a true believer of Santa and everything related to Christmas. Christmas brings me hope and a renewed understanding of life and second chances. His character needs a serious Christmas angel to visit him, in my opinion. As time moved on, I became even more disgusted by his refusal to understand that maybe his way of thinking wasn’t an exact science. He was so stubborn. This was the only part of the story that made me mad but I guess you need a little anger in any story you read.

I really enjoyed Katherine’s tenacity in not giving into

Dr. Jeffries. She is determined to show him the Christmas spirit. I honestly believed that this story would end with the two of them just being friends because they did have some issues that couldn’t be resolved.

They argue about theories. He picks on her about her silly Christmas letter writing campaign. There are times they find humor in their arguments and those are the comical times. I found that I really enjoyed and laughed out loud many times during this story. It was exciting.

I was so happy I that in the end the two characters realized that Christmas can be a magical time of year and that with a little faith and love anything can happen. I really enjoyed this book and you will too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173041571630430/k2311a043/4.3.12