McCalls Sewing Pattern M6568  » Clothes  »
  • What I like about this particular pants pattern is that even though the pants and shorts are tailored, I do not have to sew in a zipper

• by C.Channing

One of my biggest sewing goals for this year was to perfect my tailoring skills with pants. McCalls sewing pattern M6568 has four different views of tailored pants and shorts which is why I made the purchase; not only could I practice my tailor skills, but I could also master the different types of pants and shorts included in this envelope.

What I like about this particular pants pattern is that even though the pants and shorts are tailored, I do not have to sew in a zipper. Zippers look great with pants whether they are tailored or not; however, it is less work to sew in an elastic waistband as opposed to a zipper. Although

all the views I sewed were comfortable, my favorite view to sew was view A. View A is ankle length pants, with an elastic waistband and front and back square pockets. Because this pattern is straightforward in terms of sewing technique, I knew I would be able to get through this project rather quickly.

Because I am comfortable and quite knowledgeable when it comes to working with denim, I chose to use the fabric as suggested on the envelope. I went with lightweight denim for my pants because it is easier to be comfortable in lightweight denim in hot temperatures. I also chose to use white denim because it would give me the freedom to dye ...

• it any color I wanted.

I felt really good about sewing the pants from this pattern because the directions were straightforward and the techniques were simple. Because I have been using a lot of pants and shorts patterns lately, it has been getting easier for me to assemble my cut pattern pieces without reading the directions word for word. However, I still read the directions word for word because I am a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. I also have been working on sewing in elastic waistbands lately, so sewing them in the pants came naturally and without any troubles. The only real thing I found myself changing was the length of the pants because

I am so tall and I like my pants to hit exactly at my ankle, so I just had to lengthen my pattern pieces.

After sewing McCalls sewing pattern 6568 I felt really good about how they turned out. I even showed my mom a comparison between the pants I sewed and designer pants I recently purchased that were similar in construction. Sewing the pattern required minimum techniques and I was quicker at sewing them since I have become more comfortable sewing pants. I had no problems sewing this pattern at all, but I did have to lengthen the pants to match my height which was easy. A great sewing pattern for creating tailored pants or shorts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552041571320130/k2311a042/4.2.12