Vitex Herb Supplement for Moderate to Severe PMS
0.5
  • The first issue that I had with the Vitex product was opening the bottle
  • After I got plastic off, the plastic tab removed and the foil liner under the cap off I found another reason to dislike this product
  • I would not recommend this product especially for the price

• by victoria

I have a moderate to severe menstrual cycle. I have problems with cramps being heavy and causing a lot pain and irritation. I usually take a OTC medication but last month I opted to try a bottle of Vitex Herbal Supplement for Menstrual Cycles. A friend of mine uses it and says that it works just as well as an OTC medication but without all the harmful chemicals. She paid about nine dollars ($9.00 US) for a bottle of 100 pills at our local health food store.

The first issue that I had with the Vitex product was opening the bottle. Someone somewhere thought it would be a good idea to shrink wrap the entire bottle and it was a struggle to get off. I had to use a sewing needle to make a tear around the cap so I could peel the

stuff off and the wrapping was so tight that I kept hitting the bottle instead of tearing the plastic. Secondly there is this really annoying plastic tab (like the ones that used to come on milk bottles) around the cap. It is so thick and strong that I had to use my teeth to get it off and even then it took me three tried. I would have understood the outrageous security wrapping if I had been opening a prescription narcotic or some other strong medicine but I wasn’t. I am all for child safety wrapping and caps but this one crossed into the realm of ridiculous. Then it was almost impossible for me to remove the plastic tab that was around the lid on the bottle.

After I got plastic off, the plastic tab removed and the foil liner under the ...

• cap off I found another reason to dislike this product: it stinks. There is really no other way to say it the product smells terrible. I opened the foil and I was shocked at the brownish gray puff of foul smelling air that met me. I can’t say that I was expecting a flowery scent or something overtly feminine but I did think that perhaps it would have a light sort of earthy smell. I don’t how to accurately describe the smell other than nasty. I took one capsule with a cup of tea and waited for some relief; I never felt any. I guess I could say that my flow was a little slower but if it was it was not very noticeable. I still had nasty cramps, bloating, and headaches so I called my friend and she let me
        in on the secret. In order for this product to work it has to be built up in your system when your period arrives. She takes hers every day of the month so when her period comes it helps to slow the flow and lessen the pain from cramping. She said it does not do anything for the other symptoms but it will help with those two.

I will not take this product again. It was a pain to get open, smelled and looked nasty and did nothing for me. I would not recommend this product especially for the price. Granted this is an all-natural supplement but I would much rather an OTC medication that I can count on. I give this product a one. It was not worth struggle to open the package only to get a bad smell and no results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262041571290130/k2311a042/4.2.12