Yankee Candle Autumn Leaves Wax Tart Burner  » Housewares  »
  • I like having lots of different wax tart burners to swap and change according to my mood and the time of year, and although it's now Spring I've gone all contrary and am using an Autumn designed burner from Yankee Candle's Crackle Collection
  • This is definitely one of the prettiest wax tart burners made by Yankee Candle
  • I paid $15 for it and am so pleased with it that I'm going to buy another one soon as a gift for a friend

• by roundabout

I like having lots of different wax tart burners to swap and change according to my mood and the time of year, and although it’s now Spring I’ve gone all contrary and am using an Autumn designed burner from Yankee Candle’s Crackle Collection.

It’s a one-piece tart burner made of glass; there’s an opening at the back for the tealight and the tart itself goes in the hollowed out top.  A wax tart is basically a wickless candle, you light a tealight underneath it and as the wax melts it releases it’s fragrance. A fairly disposable product, you can get up to ten hours of useful scent time if you choose the right variety - for me they’re the

perfect way to sample the various fragrances before paying for the larger format candle.  I think it’s important to use a good quality burner, one that looks nice to enhance your wax tart experience - any and all of the Yankee Candle tart burners are beautiful and work well, but this Autumn Leaves one is stunning.

It stands around 6″ tall and is fairly rotund, this shape burner actually reminds me of the more traditional oil burner although the glass gives it a more contemporary look. The burner is hand painted with red and golden autumnal trees; the ground has been dab painted an earthy brown and once you’ve placed your lit tealight inside the glow creates a lovely ...

• effect, I love the way that the light catches the shape and detailing of the trees as it helps to make your home look cosy and welcoming.

The burner conducts heat efficiently and the wax tart will begin to melt within a few short minutes, it gets extremely hot when the tealight is burning and takes a long time to cool down so you need to be careful about handling it sometimes - that’s common sense, but these glass burners are definitely more of a burning hazard than the ceramic type.

This wax tart burner is a hand wash only product and not suitable for the dishwasher; it doesn’t really get dirty so that’s not a problem, but the glass

can become dull and lose its sparkle quite quickly so needs at least a fairly regular rinsing.  It’s not as fragile as it looks so you don’t need to worry too much while you’re washing it, being glass it’s obviously not going to be able to cope with knocks or bangs but it’s not going to fall apart in your hand!

This is definitely one of the prettiest wax tart burners made by Yankee Candle; it’s of excellent quality and looks fabulous (especially in the Autumn) - I don’t know what more I could ask for. I paid $15 for it and am so pleased with it that I’m going to buy another one soon as a gift for a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330031571191231/k2311a0330/3.30.12