Eric Clapton - Wonderful tonight (Song)
  • Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton is one of the best love songs ever
  • This is definitely on my top 5 love songs
  • It's just amazing how a guitar can have such a beautiful sound

• by protoboardmx

Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton is one of the best love songs ever. It has very simple lyrics about a couple that is going to a party, she is dressing up and he is just watching her and admiring how beautiful she is. It is nothing special, it is not even the most romantic lyrics, it’s just a song about a guy telling his girl she is wonderful.

The song’s melody is what makes it really special.

It is very slow paced, Clapton’s guitar leading the way since the beginning till the end. A slow riff playing over and over. Eric Clapton is one of the best guitar players of all times and he doesn’t need to show any virtuousness to prove it. He plays with feeling, he plays with his heart. I really like the sound of his guitar on this song. It’s not distorted but it isn’t clean either. It has ...

• the right sound to be a tremendously effective rock ballad.

This is definitely on my top 5 love songs. I can’t help listening to it and think about my wife. She is the love of my life and even thou this hasn’t the most romantic lyrics I just love to say to her how wonderful and beautiful she is. I proposed to her with Wonderful tonight at the background. I did not notice the first time I

saw the episode of Friends when Chandler proposed to Monica but Wonderful tonight is the song playing at the back too.

Wonderful tonight is just a beautiful song, one of too many great songs Clapton has given us and with no doubt one that will remain to be one of my favorites forever. It’s just amazing how a guitar can have such a beautiful sound. If you hadn’t hear it before now you know you must do it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429031570960131/k2311a0329/3.29.12