Sharpie Gel Highlighters: 2-pack yellow; 3-pack: 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 pink  » Other  »
  • I decided to try a new kind of Sharpie highlighter I noticed at the store to see if I liked the product or not
  • I really liked the shade of yellow and enjoyed being able to highlight with minimal effort on my part
  • I have no experience with the claim that the gel highlighters can be left uncapped for days without drying out
  • The orange gel highlighter looks a lot different than the color orange of a regular Sharpie highlighter, and I like the gel better
  • I would most definitely recommend these gel highlighters to everyone and I am surely going to be purchasing more of them in the future

• by patwrites

I love to highlight words. I highlight newspapers, magazines, books, and pretty much everything that can be highlighted. I decided to try a new kind of Sharpie highlighter I noticed at the store to see if I liked the product or not. My first purchase was a 2-pack of Sharpie yellow gel highlighters. The packaging on these highlighters claims that they provide total smear protection even with ink jet inks; you can leave them uncapped for days without drying out; they won’t bleed through paper; and you twist the bottom to advance.

My overall opinion of the highlighters was I really liked them, especially the differences from the normal everyday Sharpie highlighters. I liked them so much

I decided to purchase more of them. I saw a 3-pack of these Sharpie Gel Highlighters which included 1 yellow, 1 orange, and 1 pink and decided to buy them.

My evaluation of the yellow gel highlighters is two thumbs up. I really liked the shade of yellow and enjoyed being able to highlight with minimal effort on my part. It covered well and I liked the feature of twisting the bottom to advance the gel. With normal Sharpie highlighters you have no way of knowing how much highlighting ability they still have until you try to use them. With these highlighters, when you can’t advance the gel any more, you know it is time to ...

• throw it out.

The highlighter did not bleed through the pages of books, not even Bible pages. The claim regarding no smearing is about 98% true. If you use the highlighter on paper which you just printed on your printer, there can or could be a slight amount of smearing. The smearing is minimal compared to the traditional Sharpie highlighters. I have no experience with the claim that the gel highlighters can be left uncapped for days without drying out. I do know, however, that I did leave the highlighters uncapped for short periods of time and it did not hinder how well the highlighter performed after that.

I liked the pink and orange gel highlighters almost as

much as the yellow. The yellow fluorescent color is my favorite. The orange gel highlighter looks a lot different than the color orange of a regular Sharpie highlighter, and I like the gel better. The pink gel highlighter is slightly different from the regular pink sharpie highlighter, but I also like the gel better.

I would most definitely recommend these gel highlighters to everyone and I am surely going to be purchasing more of them in the future. Even though there is still a small possibility of smearing with the Sharpie gel highlighters, it is a tremendous improvement over regular Sharpie highlighters. I sure hope they come out with blue and green Sharpie gel highlighters soon!

Radu Alexandru says :

re : I decided to try a new kind of Sharpie highlighter I noticed at the store to see if I liked the product or not
    I recommend : Sharpie Accent Tank-Style Highlighters, Assorted, 4 Pack

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1229031570950131/k2311a0329/3.29.12