Pilot Shaker Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm  » Other  »
  • If you are looking for a pencil that will last forever and not cost a fortune, this is it
  • It will last you for years and give you an easier more comfortable writing experience

• by kingcarlos

The Pilot Shaker Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm is a unique mechanical pencil that can be had for $10-15. That may seem expensive compared to your average mechanical or wooden pencil, but it is completely worth it. The trademark feature of this pencil is the shake feature. Instead of using a button to advance the lead in the pencil, simply shake it twice to advance the lead to the proper length. There is still a button advance on the top of the pencil in case you still prefer that method.

I absolutely love this pencil. I do a lot of writing every day. I searched for months to find the perfect pencil that was under $20 but was still comfortable and durable. This is exactly what

I was looking for. While other pencils tend to break down after a couple of months of heavy use, this one withstands the test. I have been using it for two years and it still works the same as the day I got it. If you are looking for a pencil that will last forever and not cost a fortune, this is it.

After extensive use, I have found this pencil to be very comfortable. This was my only hesitation when buying it. It looked like it had no grip so it might be uncomfortable to write with. I actually find it more comfortable than most other pencils. It is a medium width so it fits nicely in my hand. It is grooved where you ...

• grip the pencil so that your hand doesn’t slip when writing. Also, it has a very nice retractable metal tip on it. This is useful in two ways. First it allows the user to have greater control when writing. You can make more precise marks with the extended tip. Since it retracts, you don’t have to worry about having holes in your shirts or stabbing yourself in the leg when you put it in your pocket.

Finally, it has a metal shirt clip. It is not spring loaded or anything like that, but it is very sturdy and it does it’s job well. The color is mainly black with an orange stripe in the middle and an orange stripe on the eraser cap. The orange

is not the most stylish look I have seen, but it gives the pencil a distinct look that is easy to recognize.

The only negative of this product is its eraser. Like a lot of nice mechanical pencils, it has a very small eraser. This can be frustrating since you have to remove the cap and use a tiny eraser every time you make a mistake. However, I carry an eraser when I use this pencil so it no longer bothers me.

Overall it is a great product. I love it and use it every day. If you are willing to spend $10-15 on a single pencil, go buy one of these today. It will last you for years and give you an easier more comfortable writing experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1228031570680331/k2311a0328/3.28.12