NARS Oasis Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • The color is anything but extraordinary, definitely not made for posterity as Orgasm (though I’d like to wrinkle my brow on that), but it’s a pleasant, everyday blush one can wear through and through
  • I thought I could get longer wear out of matte blushes, until NARS proved to be just as good in terms of longevity
  • Just to round this off, I personally recommend NARS blushes – of which you know already why Oasis is the one to get

• by jhunie

I ask out friends about their makeup, my way of sparking a conversation. Small talks quickly digress to someone’s rave of a certain lipstick, and it has become a part of daily etiquette to throw compliments at how pretty the other’s blush looks. I’ve been hanging out with makeup groupies who swear by NARS blushes. Because of my impressionable self, I obliged and bought the NARS Oasis blush (over the sparkly Orgasm that has such a huge following).

Without much ado, I submit that NARS blushes are indeed great. Oasis is a pragmatically gorgeous blush, which I mean matter-of-factly. The color is anything but extraordinary, definitely not made for posterity as Orgasm (though

I’d like to wrinkle my brow on that), but it’s a pleasant, everyday blush one can wear through and through. It goes up there with my MAC and MUFE blushes. I’ve had a fantastic time wearing cream blushes at the start of the year. A powder blush like Oasis is just what I need (it is pressed after all) now that the weather’s getting warmer, and even if it weren’t I’d gamely give it a go.

I have just recovered from the letdown of buying the wrong shade of blush and parted from it not so long ago. Aware that the previous situation has upped the ante, I inherited the frustration of searching a shade that avoided the look of a horrid bout of rosacea flushing. Lost in the sameness of peaches and pinks, I wasn’t the least bit scared to wear a neutral rose which happened to be Oasis. It’s deceivingly plain for a rose color, but Oasis is actually a motley shade of pinks, warm-hued shimmers and a slight mauve-y ashiness. However odd that description sounds, Oasis is a real life beauty when applied, which for sparkly Orgasm entails some compromise to achieve.

NARS sell well because their blushes are tops, I conclude. Countless times I’ve inordinately used the blush (only to tap most of the powder to waste), and by now the pan should be ...

• NARS Oasis Blush
      looking well-worn, but it’s not. I seem to require only an infinitesimal amount of blush each time because it’s very pigmented. I wonder sometimes if enough powder has been deposited into the brush after lightly grazing the top of the blush, but nevertheless the color shows up. Be sure to go easy on the brush in order not to apply too much. The shimmers are just aesthetic flourishes as far as the appearance of the blush on the compact – and less perceptible when applied upon cheeks if not invisible. The finish is scarcely sparkly.

Furthermore, to drive the point home regarding its quality, this NARS blush lasts incredibly long on my oily

skin. I thought I could get longer wear out of matte blushes, until NARS proved to be just as good in terms of longevity. NARS is privy to the truth that makeup junkies have no use for mini blush brushes, and so the black, matte compact opens to a spare stretch of blush and mirror only. As such a separate blush brush is in order. I’ll try to state the price without flinching: it costs 30 dollars. I won’t rant about that either to spare me from the guilt. Just to round this off, I personally recommend NARS blushes – of which you know already why Oasis is the one to get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127031570590331/k2311a0327/3.27.12