Rainy Day Kisses by Debbie Macomber book  » Books  »
  • Over the years, I have discovered that I like diving into the past of someone's family history
  • I found myself really getting into all the characters and wanting to know everything about them
  • I definitely wouldn’t invite this stranger into my home to cuddle with my infant niece all night

• by Janet

Rainy Day Kisses by Debbie Macomber. This is a Novel with kissing in the rain during the holidays in mind. Published in 2007. Genre Romance Expect the Unexpected and Comedy.

I just loved the title of this book. This was another book that I had picked up during Christmas break to read and was not able to finish it due to health problems. I’m so glad I was able to get back to it. Right from the beginning the storyteller (Michelle) will have you interested in her aunt’s family history. Over the years, I have discovered that I like diving into the past of someone’s family history. I guess that is what

attracted me to this story. I found myself really getting into all the characters and wanting to know everything about them. I was laughing and crying throughout the book.

It all started when Susannah Simmons was asked to baby sit her infant niece. Most young women wouldn’t mind doing this for a short time but Susannah was really worried about it. She was a career woman who had no plans on getting married or having kids. At first things were ok but then Michelle started crying and crying. Soon there was a knock on the door and there stood Susannah’s knight in shining armor. His name was Nate Townsend. The story of Susannah and Nate begins at this point. Over a few days, Nate and Susannah begin to learn more about each other and find that they have a mutual attraction to each other. The only thing that confuses Susannah about Nate is that he doesn’t work but seems to have a good lifestyle. Susannah on the other hand actually has a five year plan and a ten year plan. She is working her way slowly but surely up the corporate ladder.

Ok, at this point let’s analyze this. Honestly, I don’t know of many young single women who are living alone that would open her apartment door late at night to a stranger. I ...

• Rainy Day Kisses by Debbie Macomber book
      definitely wouldn’t invite this stranger into my home to cuddle with my infant niece all night. I actually found the beginning of this story a little creepy to me. It didn’t feel right and it bothered me that she practically turned her niece over to him. So, it’s obvious here that the author is taking advantage of the story plot in that it’s supposed to be romantic at some point.

I liked the discussions between Susannah and Nate about careers versus motherhood roles. I can remember years ago having those same discussions with myself. I was also a career woman with goals and not much could get in my way either. Despite the fact

that Susannah and Nate had different plans in mind for their careers, they discovered that you can have both if you take the time to balance it out. I can tell you that it can be done but it will take effort to achieve that balance.

I was surprised as the story moved along that there were even more plots to come and more exciting things to learn about the characters. The ending was a surprise to me and it reminded me that sometimes we just have to go on trust and faith to make any type of relationship work.

I was delighted with this book and the title lived up to it’s name. I hope you enjoy it as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1727031570570331/k2311a0327/3.27.12