Dr Ronald Terry’s Dental Office  » Medicine  »
21207 Chesterfield Ave, Ettrick, VA 23806
  • This meant the most to me, the utmost reason I know they really care about their customers
  • One time, the hygienist washed her hands and put her gloves then noticed her paper towel on the floor
  • I think it was about three weeks later, my friend and I went out to eat
  • If you live in central Virginia or attend VSU, consider Dr. Terry as your dentist

• by Siretha

When the question who’s scared of the dentist is asked, I used to always raise my hand, even in my adult years. But my phobia has disappeared thanks to Dr. Ronald Terry and his staff. Here are 10 things I favor about this office that deserves a 10 rating.

1. At the time of my writing this, Dr. Terry has two receptionists-Roslyn and Brittany. Both have always displayed friendly services. They always greet me when I enter with sincere smiles. I can even hear a smile over the phone. They are just that friendly. Because I have been there more than once, they know me by my name. So when I walk in for an appointment, they are usually familiar with what work I am coming in for.

2. I have been going to this dentist for over a year now, and due to my gingivitis, I have had to go back often. And I have never had to wait longer than five minutes. Often, someone is calling me to the back before I take a seat. No, this is not an exaggeration—they just work fast.

3. From the receptionist to the dental hygienist to the dentist, they communicate well. Whatever I tell the receptionist, the hygienist and the dentist are aware. I must admit that there was one time that the trio was not on one accord. I made an appointment to have all

my cavities filled in. When I got there, the hygienist informed me what the dentist was about to do, which was one side. I told her I’d like all fillings completed in one visit; that’s what I made the appointment for. After speaking to the receptionist, she realized that was what I was scheduled for. However, she suggested that wasn’t a good idea, because my entire mouth would be numb. After thinking for a second, I agreed. That leads to my next reason why this office is great…

4. They take great care of me; they honestly care about my smile. Their motto is “Your smile is my priority.” I love how they expedite the insurance process for me. They file the claim for me. One time when I needed a lot of work done, they spoke with my insurance to see what services were covered and how much I had to pay BEFORE my visit. Therefore I knew in advance what I needed to pay out of my pocket—no surprise bills later. They even provided me with a copy of what work needed to be done, how much will be charged to my insurance, and what I’m responsible for. I’m always familiar with what they are doing, which leads me to my next point.

5. The most admirable thing the dentist and hygienist did—the reason I elected to compose this review—was complementarity ...

• before, during and after services rendered. This meant the most to me, the utmost reason I know they really care about their customers. What I mean by complementarity is they narrate what they are doing, why they are doing it, if it will be painful, and how I will benefit from this. Every step of the way, they always informed me of what’s occurring.

6. They always offer advice and tips for better oral health. They even have coupons at the front desk for you!

7. Making appointments are easy; remembering those appointments are not. They know this and always call the day before to remind me. Always! And I don’t have to make an appointment weeks in advance. Usually they just need two days in advance. However if possible, they will squeeze you in sooner than that. I once called when the roof of my mouth was extremely sore and made an appointment for the same day, three hours later. One of the receptionists called me back in a few moments and said I can come now if the pain is unbearable.

8. Not only do the receptionists call, but even Dr. Terry himself called me. After a few fillings and a very numb jaw, Dr. Terry called me later that day to check on me. I’ve never had a dentist do that before.

9. They always thoroughly wash their hands right there in front

of me. One time, the hygienist washed her hands and put her gloves then noticed her paper towel on the floor. She picked it up and threw it away. She took her gloves off, discarded them, thoroughly washed her hands again, and used new gloves. Items that they frequently touch during services, such as the light overhead, have plastic on the handle.

10. Another great feature offered from Dr. Terry’s office is the referral gift for current clients. A lot of businesses say they will reward you for telling a friend, but some of those companies don’t follow up on that promise. I’m here to confirm Dr. Terry’s office honors that. I know because my friend referred me to them. On my first visit, I filled in her name on the application to let them know she referred me. I think it was about three weeks later, my friend and I went out to eat. It was her treat. She used the $25 gift card Dr. Terry’s office sent her for referring me.

As many times I’ve been to this dentist, I’ve not found anything to complain about. They keep getting better to me, especially with the new tempting cookie stand in the waiting area for customers.

If you live in central Virginia or attend VSU, consider Dr. Terry as your dentist. If you do, tell them Ms. Buggs sent you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627031570550331/k2311a0327/3.27.12