L’Eau d’Issey Pour Femme Eau de Toilette Pour
  • I love my job working in a perfume store as I get to test out new fragrances that may not be released to the public several weeks, sometimes months, earlier
  • When I saw the bottle I was impressed, but not as impressed as when I spotted the female version
  • This is a charming and beautiful new fragrance that I just adore and will definitely be wearing throughout the warmer months - highly recommended

• by Tick Tock

I love my job working in a perfume store as I get to test out new fragrances that may not be released to the public several weeks, sometimes months, earlier. One such fragrance that we received as a tester recently to familiarize ourselves with before it’s official launch is the new Issey Miyake fragrance for women entitled L’Eau d’Issey Pour Femme Eau de Toilette Pour.

What caught my eye instantly was actually the matching mens fragrance which is being launched at the same time and is more masculine looking though with a Spring like feel to it. When I saw the bottle I was impressed, but not as impressed as when I spotted the female version.

This fragrance comes presented

in a tall and narrow flacon which has a cylindrical appearance and is wider at the base before narrowing towards the neck. The bottle is slim and elegant though it is the patterning and decoration that is the real eye catching feature.

Having a slight transparency to the glass there is a blue hue at the top with a deep green leafy decoration wrapped around the centre and though simplistic in design it is also incredibly stunning. The colours are a perfect match for the awakening of the Spring months and everything about the bottle looks fresh and appealing.

The EDT itself is made up of the following notes:

Rose Pear Aquatic notes Carnation, Peony Woody notes Osmanthus

On reading the notes ...

• used here in the composition I was very excited as I adore anything with rose in, though strangely enough I’m not a fan of floral based perfumes. On applying this to my pulse points I was instantly drawn in to the sheer lightness and refreshing aroma of the aquatic notes which give an almost marine feel to to it. The pear notes used here are just as fresh though give the composition a fruity feel and do stop it from becoming too floral.

Once the dry down begins it’s a very floral heart and the fragrance smells so natural like a freshly picked bouquet of flowers with both the carnation and the peony being equally as strong as each other

yet not overpoweringly so. The whole fragrance ends on a slightly deeper note with the introduction of woody notes and it gives it a much needed depth.

I love this new fragrance and it just oozes Spring/ Summer time. The aroma that is left on my skin is subtle but very noticeable for several hours after applying and smells so fresh and light making it perfect for day time wearing.

I have worn this throughout the day and found it suits me more than on an evening as it doesn’t come across strong enough after dusk but that is simply my preference.

This is a charming and beautiful new fragrance that I just adore and will definitely be wearing throughout the warmer months - highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5623031570270531/k2311a0323/3.23.12