Asus Eee PC 1225C netbook  » Laptops  »
  • What I like to do most about the hardware of this netbook is the processor which is an Intel Atom N2800, the best next generation Atom processor
  • This microchip promises to make watching 1080p Full HD movies an enjoyable experience
  • I can't say that I was impressed by the autonomy of this model, it's not groundbreaking but it manages to deliver over 4 1/2 hours of continuous playing HD movies, and in the office mode you can squeeze from it just under six hours

• by alby

Asus Eee PC 1225C, is one of the netbooks from the Flare series and it promises to score well on the portability and autonomy, while providing satisfactory performance. But to begin by saying a few words about the design because for most of us it plays an important important role to our final decision to purchase a product or not.

Asus 1225C has a glossy black casing, while the inside is matte. Even though I don’t really prove the glossy casings that are worst things that you can find like a

glossy casing combined with a glossy interior, so the matte interior gets a big thumbs up from me. Too bad that the display is glossy, that makes it hard to read in bright light conditions but it compensates in dark light conditions when it is just perfect.

The edge surrounding the screen is a plastic matte, particularly with a texture that mimics metal finish.

I liked that the chiclet keyboard is very well spaced and it has a very big touchpad. Viewed overall, the netbook looks quite robust.

Asus 1225C promises decent performance due to a dual core configuration.

What I like to do most about the hardware of this netbook is the processor which is an Intel Atom N2800, the best next generation Atom processor. This microchip promises to make watching 1080p Full HD movies an enjoyable experience. And I have to say that with some movies it didn’t deliver what it says.

When it comes to photo and video processing we can’t ask for much from it because of the L2 cache 2 x 512 KB.

Another thing that I ...

• Asus Eee PC 1225C netbook
      liked about this netbook is the screen that is slightly larger than an usual one, measuring 11.6 inch. Also I liked the fact that it comes with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.

Compared to its main competitor AMD, which is installed on the Asus 1225B, Intel atom scores just about the same results.

I can’t say that I was impressed by the autonomy of this model, it’s not groundbreaking but it manages to deliver over 4 1/2 hours of continuous playing HD movies, and in the office mode you can squeeze from it

just under six hours. I appreciated these results because to be fair it comes with a top of the range processor when it comes to netbooks.

Asus 1225C is a pretty great netbook but I really couldn’t find anything special about it, you know that wow factor that makes you buy stuff.

By definition, the netbook serves those who want a cheap laptop with a good range, but without notable performances. It is good for movies, and some multitasking and that’s it, so I’m not sure that too many people would pay over $500 for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6323031570260531/k2311a0323/3.23.12