Nook Simple Touch eReader
  • I actually haven't seen any other e-reader that has gotten so close of a reading experience compared to the Nook Simple
  • At first, I was thinking of going against this e-reader as I thought wasn't anything special
  • I would definitely say it could be better
  • It gets the job done quite nicely so I think that is all that matters to me

• by MisterTickle

The Nook Simple Touch e-reader is actually very similar to their other model. The only difference I see is probably just the reading quality. I find that this version of the Nook is most similar to the original Kindle. I actually haven’t seen any other e-reader that has gotten so close of a reading experience compared to the Nook Simple.

The Nook Simple is actually very simple. I guess that’s why the name “Simple” is in there. This e-reader can’t do anything fancy. It doesn’t have the capabilities to do anything else other than download and read books. There is an internal 2 GB storage, which is more than enough for book reading. Also, the screen size is 6 inches and it is

fully touch screen. There is a home button in the shape of an “n” which is used to bring up the main menu. This is really all that is to this e-reader.

At first, I was thinking of going against this e-reader as I thought wasn’t anything special. I can’t surf the web despite the fact that it does have wi-fi support. Also, the design isn’t the greatest either. The actual dimensions are much bigger than just the six inches. There is a thick layer of casing around the screen so it contributes to the overall size while the screen doesn’t exactly change. In other words, it doesn’t give me the feeling of a sleek design.

The overall look and layout of the Nook Simple isn’t the greatest. I would definitely say it could be better. However, this e-reader does make it up with some other features. To just list the features, this e-reader has an E-Ink quality, read under direct sunlight, 2 month battery life, borrow book from public library feature. The e-ink is actually very nice. It offers a realistic look and feel to the story. It can actually give me the feeling that I am reading an actual book. The ink printing and the words displayed are very very similar to a physical book. I have compared the e-reader and the book side by side and it really is the same. Other than the fact that one is an e-reader and the other is a ...

• Nook Simple Touch eReader
      book, I find that there is no difference because the reading experience is really just the same as well. The glare feature probably isn’t the most useful. I have tried to read a block of text under direct sunlight and it works just fine. However, I don’t see this feature being very practical. It gets very hot under direct sunlight and I usually sit in the shade when I have the option so I don’t really get an opportunity to use this feature. Also, the two month battery life is a bit hard to believe. I haven’t actually waited two months just to see if the battery life can last that long. However, after the first charge, I did notice that the Nook
      has a powerful battery. This offers one very noticeable advantage. For one, this means that I can take the e-reader out when traveling and don’t have to worry about the battery running out on me. I’m not sure if the battery will last two months, but I can actually get a week and more out of it if I keep my wi-fi usage to a minimum. I usually use it for maybe half an hour to one and an half hours per day. When I have more time, then I use the e-reader more compared to if I just have a few minutes to spare.

Overall, this e-reader isn’t anything fancy. It gets the job done quite nicely so I think that is all that matters to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622031570240331/k2311a0322/3.22.12