Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • When Dove launches its shampoo line, I still get hooked on using albeit I know that it can make the hair manageable but can never repair it
  • When I am rushing in the morning, I believe it is not a good idea to use this shampoo because it requires a lot of rinsing that is why I use different shampoo
  • When it is dried, I love the shine it brings and the smell last for whole day
  • After a month and a half of using it, I never thought that I will have the same experience as I have when I was using Palmolive shampoo
  • If you cannot stand dandruff I do not recommend this shampoo

• by grecychunny

There is lot of shampoos that promises they will repair damage hair to a new hair. That is impossible since once the hair is damage you can never repair it unless you cut it. When Dove launches its shampoo line, I still get hooked on using albeit I know that it can make the hair manageable but can never repair it. However, I have to be honest that when I saw the commercial on television and read that Dove has an Intensive Repair kind of shampoo that is the first shampoo that I want to try with Dove. I am still hoping that it can repair my damage and frizzy hair.

I have been a user of Dove soap ever since I was young. I know Dove to have a lot of moisture and it is hard to rinse but I never thought that it is the same goes with their shampoo. Intensive Repair shampoo of Dove has a good smell. It is not citrusy but very feminine smell. It has a nice lather if I put a lot. A drop cannot successful create a nice lather but it still smells good even if my hair is dry. While scrubbing my scalp the feeling is cool and the bubbles it created makes me believe that it is cleaning my hair and scalp. I also

feel that it slowly converting my hair to a new one.

As I said, rinsing requires a lot of water. Sometimes I do surrender of rinsing even though I still feel that there is shampoo remains in every strands of my hair. When I am rushing in the morning, I believe it is not a good idea to use this shampoo because it requires a lot of rinsing that is why I use different shampoo. While my hair is close to being dry it feels soft. I do not need to use hair brush or fine comb to brush it but I use my hand since it is silky soft. When it is dried, I love the shine it brings and the smell last for whole day. I do believe that I do have to use conditioner for this one although I tried once with its conditioner and it work best with its conditioner. It is a good shampoo for first to first week of trial.

It does not make my hair to look frizzy. I have a frizzy hair and it gets severely frizzy that looks like a damaged hair whenever I am riding in a public utility vehicle because of air pollution my hair absorbs. This one prevents that to happen that is why I fell in love easily. Maybe it gets ...

• frizzy but in minimal condition and I only have to use my hand to brush it. It did tame my damage hair and my hair color which is Chestnut brown does not look dry. It complements my hair color because it looks shiny and soft. My hair color looks natural with this shampoo.

To answer the question of repairing the damage hair, I am not sure about this. I still can see some tangles, I still have split ends. It feels soft and smooth and even shiny, but the damage part on my hair is still there. It never lessens. I do not treat my hair recently to any kind of treatment like re-bonding or hair spa so I cannot answer the question if it can protect the hair from those kinds of treatment. I only curl my hair sometimes, which is I subject my hair to curling iron which is hot. I still have the same frizzy hair that only looks beautifully tame when I use a straightening iron. However, I still believe it is a good shampoo to make your hair manageable.

After a month and a half of using it, I never thought that I will have the same experience as I have when I was using Palmolive shampoo. Dove shampoo still contains moisture but it dries my scalp. I

always scratch my head and when I scratch it, the dry scalp get into my finger tips and it irritates me. Sometimes while scratching, it bleeds. Sometimes I will wake up with wounds and pimple in my scalp. Yes, pimple in my head because once I poke it contains something like a puss. It is very itchy after and it becomes a wound. I am not sure if it contains a strong chemical formulation because only strong chemical formulation can wound a skin. I hate the feeling that I am scratching my head and there are dry scalp on my finger tips. I do check if it is dandruff and I never thought that it is dandruff already. To make it worst I only discovered it after a month and a half of use, as my estimation and I am not okay with it. I have dandruff at present because of this shampoo.

If you cannot stand dandruff I do not recommend this shampoo. There is no miracle in this shampoo. If you are into soft, manageable, shiny and smell good hair, it is you who decides if you want to try this stuff. It moisturizes the hair but ironically not the scalp and I wonder why? It costs Php 114 (estimated 2.7 USD) for 180 ml and available in all grocery stores.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122031570220331/k2311a0322/3.22.12