The Turtle Beach X11 Headset
  • Ever since I bought my Xbox360, I never felt the volume was adequate
  • When I first plugged them in, I enjoyed a rich, full, 7.1 surround sound experience
  • I love the feel of the headset on your ears as well
  • The headset is a bit bulky because of that, but I enjoy it all the same
  • I thought that Turtle Beach could have done a better job with wire management

• by Logan

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Ever since I bought my Xbox360, I never felt the volume was adequate. I’m mostly a “shooter-only” games kind of person, so I needed to hear the enemy from far away. I tried many adjustments for the game before I finally broke down and bought a headset, but not just any headset. I bought Turtle Beaches.

Turtle Beach headsets have been around for awhile, and are infamous for their ways in “cheating” the enemy by hearing them before they’re even close to you. They live up to that standard in my

eyes. When I first plugged them in, I enjoyed a rich, full, 7.1 surround sound experience. The bass from a grenade or loud footsteps really picks up in this headset. You can hear people from a mile away.

I love the feel of the headset on your ears as well. It always seemed I could play for hours on end without my ears hurting or being uncomfortable. The headset is a bit bulky because of that, but I enjoy it all the same.

However, with the headset, I got the amplifier which ...

• converts all audio to surround sound. This seemed like a great idea at first, but the wires got so tangled. I hated having to undo all the wires before sitting down to play. I thought that Turtle Beach could have done a better job with wire management. Although the wires were tangled, it still didn’t lack the audio I was looking for. Every minute of using my headset I felt like I was in the real war and action.

Lastly, I was also looking for a headset I could swap in

and out from games to music. The Turtle Beaches perform well for music when plugged into the amplifier, but when they’re out of it, forget it. I hated the loud crackle and feedback I got from listening to loud music, and who doesn’t like loud music? The bass was full though, and I liked the backwards compatibility, but I still felt they could have been better. Overall, it was a great purchase and worth my money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621031570000331/k2311a0321/3.21.12