Flexeril Pros / Cons  » Medicine  »
  • I found that it was helpful in giving me short-term relief from the pain, which was quite intense at times

• by Megan Thompson
      I have used Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) for muscle tension in my neck and back due to an automobile accident. This muscle relaxant works by blocking pain signals sent to your brain. I

found that it was helpful in giving me short-term relief from the pain, which was quite intense at times. However, this medication made me very disoriented and frequently very drowsy, so I ...

• only could use it when I didn’t plan to drive, work, or make any real decisions. As I used it more frequently, it seemed to lose effectiveness and would wear off sooner.
        Also, the effect of this medication could become addicting. On a whole, I would say that Cyclobenzaprine is great for short-term pain management, but should not be sought out as a regular pain help.

Roger says :

Jwant to know if Flexeril will raise blood sugar levels in an insulin dependent diabetic.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Roger, some patients have reported a rise in blood sugar while taking flexeril. However, other studies have shown that some patients reported a lowering of their blood sugar. It mostly depends upon you and how well you have your diabetes under control. I would suggest talking to your doctor about your concerns regarding your blood pressure he or she will be able to judge appropriately whether or not Flexeril will be safe for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26305157000631/k2311a053/5.3.07