Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D  » Movies  »
0.5
  • The Phantom Menace is often called the worst Star Wars movies and disappointed many Star Wars fans
  • I thought it would rekindle the magic I felt when first watching A New Hope or when The Phantom Menace was my guilty pleasure, but it didn't
  • The experience was just so dull and boring
  • The only interesting things I noticed when seeing The Phantom Menace 3D were
  • Pretty much every movie before 2010 is starting to look outdated in the CGI department in my opinion

• by ManOfTin

The prequel Star Wars movies are some of the most hated pieces of fiction in the entire universe known to man. Do they deserve that hate? No. I must say, I never hated the prequels as much as everyone else. Keep in mind, this movie originally came out 2 months after the original Matrix. Maybe that is what people were expecting?

The Phantom Menace is often called the worst Star Wars movies and disappointed many Star Wars fans. There was a time where The Phantom Menace was my guilty pleasure, but those times are behind me. After watching The Phantom Menace in 3D, I came to one simple conclusion…it’s still

The Phantom Menace. No matter what you do, no matter how many times you change it, what screen it plays on, how the audio sounds, or if it is on a freaking hologram, it’s still going to be, The Phantom Menace. That was my big mistake when going into this movie. I thought it would rekindle the magic I felt when first watching A New Hope or when The Phantom Menace was my guilty pleasure, but it didn’t. I was literally staring at a screen with images. That’s it. The experience was just so dull and boring. I felt nothing throughout the whole movie. I was one of the two people in the entire world that did not actually see The Phantom Menace in theaters. I thought if I saw it in the theaters, the movie would be better, but it isn’t. I wish it was, but it’s not.

The only interesting things I noticed when seeing The Phantom Menace 3D were: 1) CGI has come a long way 2) The movie is actually very short and shallow

The CGI is terrible. Yes, I know it was 13 years ago, but my god, I never noticed how outdated it is. I thought to myself, “Did I actually think that looked amazing?”. I re-watched some other movies such as the 2003 version ...

• Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3D
      of the Hulk and thought the same thing. Pretty much every movie before 2010 is starting to look outdated in the CGI department in my opinion. I saw District 9 again on television a little while ago and was shocked at how it didn’t look as good as I once thought. The weird thing is, I never thought this would happen.

This movie went by in the blink of an eye. I couldn’t believe how fast it went by. It’s probably because I watched it so many times, but it startled me how I went from watching Qui Gon and Obi Wan meeting Jar Jar Binks to seeing them dual

with Darth Maul in the final battle in what seemed like only a few minutes.

There are a few additions, but all of them were also included in the Blu-Ray edition released 6 months ago. There really is no reason to watch this movie again. The 3D is not noticeable at all. I kept taking off my 3D glasses and saw barely any difference. Just save your money. I hate to give this movie a 1 out of 10, but I just cannot find any reason why anyone should watch this. Even if it is your first time, watch it at home. It’s just The Phantom Menace on a bigger screen, nothing more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119031569680631/k2311a0319/3.19.12