Peach Blossom perfume by Tommy Hilfiger  » Perfume  »
  • I love my job in a perfume store as I get to test out many different fragrances that I may not otherwise come into contact with on a day to day basis as I've stated many times before
  • When a customer recently asked for us to order a bottle of this - Peach Blossom by Tommy Hilfiger, I found myself trying out the tester version that my boss requested just to see what it was like
  • My review will now focus entirely on my experience of wearing and trying out Peach Blossom and I will share my honest opinions and thoughts on the product

• by Tick Tock

I love my job in a perfume store as I get to test out many different fragrances that I may not otherwise come into contact with on a day to day basis as I’ve stated many times before. Although Tommy Hilfiger is a well known and popular brand, it is not one that I have found myself being overly familiar with very much as the perfumes always have a ‘masculine’ appearance to me and it is somewhat off putting.

When a customer recently asked for us to order a bottle of this - Peach Blossom by Tommy Hilfiger, I found myself trying out the tester version that my boss requested just to see what it was like.

My review will now focus entirely on my experience of wearing and trying out Peach Blossom and I will share my honest opinions and thoughts on the product.

Peach Blossom comes presented in a cuboid shaped flacon which is made of a heavy and

thick glass material and is completely transparent. There is a single wording in the centre which simply says Hilfiger in a bold font and a silver nozzle perched on top from where to access the fragrance. The one thing that lets the appearance of the bottle down in my view is the rather large and completely unnecessary bow which is tied around the nozzle. It looks quite silly and foolish and detracts the eye from what is actually a rather stylish flacon, though this is simply my opinion.

Peach Blossom is made up of the following notes:

Top notes:

*Peach *Bergamot *Cassis *Blackberry

Heart notes:

*Mimosa *Iris

Base notes:

*Coconut *Tonka bean *Musk

The fragrance was released in 2011 and is described as being a fruity floral fragrance for women, so how is it to wear?

On first applying a small amount of the fragrance to my pulse points, I was pleased that the fragrance actually smells far nicer and classier than it’s flacon.

• The opening notes of peach and blackberry are probably the most domineering and stood out immediately for me. I’m not really a fan of either notes however when used together they do give off a rather pretty aroma and they do work well as a combination though they are not something I would pick myself as top notes as they are slightly overpowering.

The bergamot and cassis are very delicately in the background though they do make their mark and can be detected despite the peach and blackberry coming across as far stronger.

Once the dry down begins the fragrance starts to change and becomes far more floral and for me it is the delicate scent of the lily that I found myself noticing more and more.

Once the perfume starts to fade and becomes comfortable on my skin the base notes all start to individually shine through. I love anything with coconut so was really pleased that

it was very noticeable and gave the fragrance an almost exotic kick and stopped it from becoming just a fruity/ floral fusion. The tonka bean and the musk give the fragrance a much needed depth and these two notes alone create a woody/ earthy warmth that the perfume was lacking.

Would I recommend this to others? I would say that don’t be deceived by how the bottle appears as I really didn’t have high expectations but found that once I started to wear the fragrance then the bottle just didn’t matter anymore. This is a really pretty perfume that I would say suits younger skins more such as late teenagers through to early thirties though there are no rules at all it just depends on preference.

I would wear this again in the future yes but it wouldn’t automatically be my first choice, it retains it’s strength for a few hours and is perfect for general day time wearing but to me it’s nothing overly special.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5616031569480631/k2311a0316/3.16.12