Pond’s Deep Cleansing Facial Scrub With Volcanic Clay
  • They have appealed to the consumers who prefer naturally-based products and I love how they are so resourceful in coming up with new ideas
  • I like that the smell was light and not so easily perceived
  • I enjoyed the scent because it was not that strong
  • First, I was impressed that it does really contain volcanic clay
  • I find this truly amazing as a deep cleansing facial scrub

• by ibizaspain

I have been continually fascinated by Pond’s latest facial cleansing products. They have appealed to the consumers who prefer naturally-based products and I love how they are so resourceful in coming up with new ideas. Just months ago, they have created a facial wash with Camellia Leaf Extract and now with Volcanic Clay. I really thought that the same packaging with orange-inspired concept was just an old product but when I read it closer it was with “volcanic clay” contents. I was curious what volcanic clay can do so I tried the product. The product comes in sachet packs just like other Pond’s facial cream and facial washes. It is a good thing because you can try the product for a low price.

The product does not have that loud and overbearing scent compared to other Pond’s facial

washes. When I used it by having a pea-size amount in my palm, the product does not give off any smell at all. I mistook it as something scent-free but not really. I sniffed it closer and there was a light smell. The smell was good, it had this refreshing tone in it. I like that the smell was light and not so easily perceived. I expected that they will have a strong scent given that the product has volcanic clay. Some products have to conceal this irregular aroma from clay that they will make the scent stronger. I enjoyed the scent because it was not that strong. It is almost unrecognizable if you use it.

The formula is great too. First, I was impressed that it does really contain volcanic clay. When I rub my hand with a ...

• small portion of the product, I noticed tiny particles that dissolves eventually when you massage it in your face. These were the volcanic clay that are found in the facial scrub. The formula is not too harsh too compared to other Pond’s facial wash where you can feel that even the natural oils after you cleanse your face are taken off. While I was using this, my face has still that natural glide that is because of the sebum in the skin. Thus, the formula was mild and gentle to the skin.

The main ingredient in this product is what satisfied me the most. Pond’s also released a product where it has carbon. I was not so impressed with that product because it gave me zits instead of cleansing my skin. I really thought that the concept is the

same when they used volcanic clay however it turns out this substance has more skin benefits than just a magnet for dirt. Volcanic clay is more gentle because it is known to be a skin-nurturing ingredient and likewise acts as a magnet for dirt. Carbon is plainly for dirt removal but volcanic clay nourishes the skin. The latter is really a good ingredient for skin care. While I was using this product, I did not experience zits and dryness in my skin so I really think this is better than Pond’s with Activated Carbon. Another thing, this is effective in cleaning away impurities in your face. After I leave it in my face and I rinse it, whenever I rub my face, I notice dirt are easily removed. I find this truly amazing as a deep cleansing facial scrub.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115031569401231/k2311a0315/3.15.12