Corralejo Reposado Tequila  » Food  »
  • I love good tequila, and reposado is my favorite
  • When I saw this fun bottle, I had to give it a try, and I think it's definitely one of the best I've ever had
  • I personally think they have the best flavor
  • For 750ml, the cost was $32, so it's actually a few dollars less than a similar bottle of Patron
  • When I buy anything other than a blanco, I like to see the coloration, and I wasn't able to do that with this bottle

• by Melanie Noell

I love good tequila, and reposado is my favorite. When I saw this fun bottle, I had to give it a try, and I think it’s definitely one of the best I’ve ever had.

For anyone who doesn’t know, a reposado tequila is sort of the middle grounds in terms of aging. It’s darker and more refined than a blanco but still a lot less aged than an anejo. I personally think they have

the best flavor. Corralejo is really a great example of what a reposado should be. There is a rich flavor, a fuller body, but not so aged that it borders on tasting like a rum or whiskey. This particular tequila smells slightly sweet, and honestly, it’s so mildly flavored (but still with a nice tequila taste!) that it’s easy to drink all by itself or on the rocks. I also love it in a “skinny margarita” - tequila, fresh-squeezed lime juice and simple syrup. The flavor of the tequila really makes the margarita come together, and it’s probably the best I’ve had - yes, even better than Patron and Partida.

For 750ml, the cost was $32, so it’s actually a few dollars less than a similar bottle of Patron. The bottle and label design make it stand out, and I kept my first bottle simply because it ...

• Corralejo Reposado Tequila
      was what first drew me to this tequila in the first place. It actually looks a lot like a wine bottle, so you can store it with wine bottles (if you collect them like I do) and no one would know it’s tequila! The only bad thing about the bottle is that it’s a deep indigo color which, although pretty, hides the actual color of the tequila. When I buy anything other than
      a blanco, I like to see the coloration, and I wasn’t able to do that with this bottle. I went by reviews and decided to give it a try despite being unable to check it out first.

Overall, if you like tequila, this is a great purchase. Obviously it’s not for someone looking for cheap tequila to make overly-sweet margaritas because of the price; however, if you really appreciate tequila, definitely give this one a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715031569331231/k2311a0315/3.15.12