BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse
6611 West Newberry Road Gainesville, FL 32605
  • When I first moved back from college I noticed a lot of commercial changes had occurred
  • However, I have noticed the restaurant fills up pretty quickly during the afternoon because it is surrounded by businesses and is across the street from one of the two hospitals
  • The restaurant just recently added new Asian inspired appetizers which I love because it is authentic Asian cuisine
  • The kids menu is great because my son gets to eat the exact same food as me instead of the boring and bland items found on kids menu

• by C.Channing

When I first moved back from college I noticed a lot of commercial changes had occurred. New businesses and structures had popped up like weeds in a garden, and one of the new constructions I heard a lot about was the new BJs restaurant and Brewhouse. Although the restaurant is a couple of years old, people I come in contact with still sing its praises as if it was the grand opening.

The restaurant is located in front of the Oaks Mall on Newberry Road. It is about a mile from the interstate which is one of the reasons it stays busy. Although the parking lot seems relatively small I never have any problems finding a spot when I go to dine there. However, I have noticed the restaurant fills up pretty quickly during the afternoon because it is surrounded by businesses and is across the street from one of the two hospitals. I have learned to go to eat there during the evening. It’s fairly easy to get to if you are driving

on the side the restaurant is on; however, it can be a pain if you are on the opposite side because traffic is really bad, and it causes you to take forever to turn into the parking lot.

The atmosphere is really laid back and full of friendly patrons. There are a few tvs in the establishment which will have important sports games that are occurring at the time. The floor is made of a beautiful beige tile which is complimented by the many pictures and paintings on the walls throughout the restaurant. The floors also go well with the exposed ceilings which makes you feel as if you are dining out in New York City, and with the black leather booths and chairs with light table tops. It is like a stylish sports bar with great food. The restaurant does welcome kids with their kid’s menu; however, I think bringing kids to dine depends on the time of day because alcohol is served.

The menu is a collection of multi-cultural cuisines: It serves American,

• Italian, and Asian cuisine. The restaurant just recently added new Asian inspired appetizers which I love because it is authentic Asian cuisine. Although the appetizers are bite-size, they carry enough flavors which make you feel full. I am completely obsessed with the deep fried artichokes appetizer. The menu is well-rounded in the sense you get a bit of everything: there are various styles of burgers they offer, a variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, pizza, etc. I love the fish tacos entree because you get to sample Mexican cuisine. I am also a fan of the Hawaiian Maui Maui entrée which is pan seared Maui fish on top of stir-fry rice. It is so good that I ended up ordering it as a to-go item. It is an eclectic menu which is why I never end up ordering the same thing twice.

There is also a gluten free menu for those with allergies and the kids menu is more diverse compared to other restaurants I have dined at with my child. He gets to eat

the same things as me except in portions fit for a child. Besides the food, the menu also offers a variety of beverages which includes both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They offer beer made by the establishment, cocktails and wines, lemonades, sweet teas, and the usual drink selection you would find on any menu.

BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse is a great place to dine if you want to challenge your palate. There are literally hundreds of things on the menu to choose from, and there is a beer and wine section for those looking to pair it with their food. The kids menu is great because my son gets to eat the exact same food as me instead of the boring and bland items found on kids menu. The entrees menu is huge ranging from different cooking techniques and styles, and there is a gluten free menu for those with allergies. It can get quite busy depending on the time of day you choose to eat there because of all the surrounding businesses and hospital.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 714031569190331/k2311a0314/3.14.12