Millhopper Public Library
3145 NW 43 Street, Gainesville, FL 32606
  • One of the things I like about the library is a cafe was added to the entrance
  • I loved the Millhopper public library before the renovation and I think it is even better after
  • The staff is amazing and I never have a problem finding what I need
  • It has definitely become the main library for both parents and kids to enjoy

• by C.Channing

The Millhopper public library is one of my favorite libraries to visit in Alachua County. The staff is always friendly, helpful and resourceful; the library is relatively quiet, unless it is Thursday which is preschool day; and they have undergone a renovation a couple of years ago which have made it more enjoyable in terms of comfort and the resources they offer.

One of the things I like about the library is a cafe was added to the entrance. The cafe contains a well stocked snack bar which includes breakfast items and beverages. There are tables and chairs lined up along the wall so you can sit at while you enjoy your food and

the free wi-fi. There are also vending machines adjacent to the cafe area just in case you need a rush of sugar, and there is even a coffee machine you can buy from and everything is all under two dollars. I like the cafe area because it allows you to take your food and drink throughout the library without being told no food allowed.

Although all libraries have a certain way of organizing their items, I like how it is easy to find items for checkout. I have been to other libraries in the county; however, it was hard navigating where everything is which not the case with this particular location. It is a ...

• one level library so each area is strategically placed making it easier on patrons to find what they are looking for. The adult’s book area is the largest which makes looking for a particular genre fairly easy compared to others; there is a travel wall which houses all the travel related books; a cookbook wall; a teen area; and the kid’s area.

There are computers located throughout the library which are free to use, but when it comes to printing and photocopying it is ten cents per item. There are special computers in the kid’s area which are solely for the purpose learning, and they have educational games the kids can play and their

time is unlimited in contrast with the other computers in the library. Another great thing about the kid’s area is there is a playground which the kids can go out while parents can sit down and read or interact with other parents. Anytime I am there I always take advantage of the playground.

I loved the Millhopper public library before the renovation and I think it is even better after. There are so many free resources to take advantage of and the library itself is well organized. The staff is amazing and I never have a problem finding what I need. It has definitely become the main library for both parents and kids to enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2513031568981131/k2311a0313/3.13.12