Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Face Mask
  • As the clay dries I can feel my skin tightening, it feels like the dirt is being sucked out of my pores and even before rinsing my skin honestly feels cleaner

• by roundabout

The Dr Hauschka brand is a premium range of skincare products, at $45 for a 90g tub of face mask this is a pricey option but this Cleansing Clay Mask is worth every cent.

It’s supplied as a dry powder that you mix with water to create the clay paste, you use one heaped tablespoon of powder with one and a half tablespoons of water. These are usually the correct proportions to create a soft paste, although sometimes you’ll inexplicably need to add more water if the powder is being stubborn.

This isn’t a simple straightforward mask to use as not only do you have to mix it, but also need to steam your face for twenty minutes before application to open your pores ready to receive the mask.

Apply the clay immediately after steaming - and while you’re waiting for it to dry (around 15 minutes) I’d recommend washing the mixing bowl as this stuff sets like cement if left!  It also stains badly so make sure you don’t drop blobs of clay on your towels or dressing gown as you’ll be left with a dirty brown mark that no amount of washing and stain removers can shift.

It’s worth the effort and risk though, as once I’ve finished the (painstaking) job of rinsing it my skin feels incredibly clean and refreshed.  I don’t think rinsing is the way forward with this particular mask, using wet cotton wool balls and wiping the excess away before rinsing the residue is a much more effective way to remove ...

• it.

My skin goes a bit red after I’ve used the clay and this lasts for anything up to five hours, it’s not uncomfortable or sore but is something you need to consider if using before a night out. I always use mine last thing at night as the redness can show up even through make-up and that obviously isn’t the ideal look!

As the clay dries I can feel my skin tightening, it feels like the dirt is being sucked out of my pores and even before rinsing my skin honestly feels cleaner.  It’s after rinsing that the effects really shine through though - even during the red stage my skin looks and feels amazing. My skin feels softer than ever, it looks healthy and pinkly clean and

has a shockingly youthful appearance. These effects were apparent from the very first time I used the mask and using it exclusively for three months on a weekly basis has resulted in more improvements in the appearance and feel of my skin.

I’ll definitely purchase this fantastic Dr Hauschka again, it really is a miracle product in my opinion simply because it suits my skin so well. It’s a nuisance having to mix it, but being in powder form means the mask stays fresh even when you’re not using it regularly - it improves the shelf life pretty much indefinitely, something that is useful to me personally at the moment as I’m currently using another brand of face masque but know I’ll want to come back to this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112031568900431/k2311a0312/3.12.12