Naturals Care & Repair Conditioning Balm for hair by Avon  » Cosmetics  »
  • Having placed a large order with my local Avon Rep last month, I have been using up some of my products and one that I have been very impressed with is this - Naturals Care & Repair Conditioning Balm for hair in Chamomile & Aloe Vera fragrance
  • My review will now focus entirely on my experience of using this product and I will share my thoughts on the product
  • I bought the matching shampoo though this review focuses on just this product though I may make the odd reference to the shampoo from time to time
  • The fragrance is very natural and doesn't smell artificial at all, which is nice as I don't like products that go on my skin which smell 'fake' and this certainly doesn't fall into that category
  • I would highly recommend this product as I found my hair easier to dry and style and once dry my hair felt soft to touch but not flyaway

• by Tick Tock

I have become a big fan of the cheaper products offered from the likes of Avon recently, as my spending habits with luxurious items were beginning to spiral out of control. I fell for the whole of it Avon offers good quality items at reasonable prices and though I do have the odd product that just isn’t up to scratch, 90% of the time I have nothing but praise.

Having placed a large order with my local Avon Rep last month, I have been using up some of my products and one that I have been very impressed with is this - Naturals Care & Repair Conditioning Balm for hair in Chamomile & Aloe Vera fragrance. My review will now focus entirely on my experience of using this product and I will share my thoughts on the product.

This product may have a rather lengthy name but it is basically just an intensive hair conditioner. I bought the matching shampoo though this review focuses on just this product though I may

make the odd reference to the shampoo from time to time.

The conditioning balm comes housed in a cylindrical shaped tub which is quite deep and holds a volume of 125 ml. The tub is made from a hard plastic material and to access the balm there is an easy to screw on and off lid perched directly on top. This is both easy to remove and reapply as mentioned though I would caution anyone not to be too quick at opening this tub as there is no foil covering underneath and from my own experience I have found the product can easily spill outwards.

The tub is predominantly white and green and emphasis on it being a ‘natural’ product are very much highlighted here and this is more so on removing the lid and taking in the scent. Once the lid is removed I am met with a bright white cream which literally hurts my eyes with the brightness. The fragrance is very natural and doesn’t smell artificial at ...

• all, which is nice as I don’t like products that go on my skin which smell ‘fake’ and this certainly doesn’t fall into that category.

The balm itself is surprisingly thin in comparison with similarly designed products and I expected something to be far thicker than what I was actually greeted with. The balm has an almost oaty fragrance which I found peculiar, given the fact that this is chamomile and aloe vera. I wouldn’t say it’s not a nice scent but it’s just not what I expected at all.

On scooping up a reasonable sized blob into the palm of my hands, I proceeded to apply thinly all over my hair making sure I covered each hair shaft as best as I could after shampooing of course. The balm smoothens down onto my hair with ease and feels thicker on application that it appears and I was pleasantly surprised at how much nicer the fragrance appeared when it was actually on my dampened hair as the chamomile

was more noticeable at this point.

There are no directions indicating at how long this is meant to be kept on the hair for so I took a chance of leaving it for around 7 to 8 minutes to make sure it could work it’s magic whilst under the cover of a warm towel.

After the time was up I found the balm rinsed away with ease and my hair felt satin soft to the touch - even when wet - which was a positive sign.

I would highly recommend this product as I found my hair easier to dry and style and once dry my hair felt soft to touch but not flyaway. It had a beautiful scent lingering on it and as I have long hair I kept getting a hint of the fragrance every time I moved my head.

This is a lovely product and one that I will use again in the future as it leaves my hair smelling clean and fresh and leaves it soft and silky and manageable to style.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319031568600931/k2311a039/3.9.12