Valet Gourmet Restaurant Delivery Service in Asheville North Carolina  » Restaurants  »
241 Broadway Street  Asheville, NC 28801
  • I really love using Valet Gourmet whenever I'm too lazy to cook or go out and get food
  • The best thing about Valet Gourmet is their awesome customer service
  • I think this is awesome because it's not fair for people who live 5 minutes away from a restaurant to be charged the same as someone living 25 minutes
  • Like I said, it can get expensive, but it's definitely worth it on a lazy day if you don't do it too often
  • Overall, I really love Valet Gourmet, and I'd recommend it to just about anyone

• by Melanie Noell

I really love using Valet Gourmet whenever I’m too lazy to cook or go out and get food. This service basically allows users to order food from some of their favorite restaurants in Asheville and have it delivered right to their door. Although it can be a bit expensive, I treat it as a luxury for my laziest days, and I’m always satisfied.

The best thing about Valet Gourmet is their awesome customer service. I call them nearly every time I go to place an order to bug them about what’s included in a certain meal or how to use a coupon code, and every time, they are very friendly and help me out. I’ve also had two incidences where they’ve given me a coupon for providing what they felt was less than excellent service, which I really appreciate. Once I didn’t get the can of Coke

we ordered, and another time they charged me the extra two dollars for the wrong delivery zone (delivery charge is calculated based on your location and the restaurant from which you’re ordering.) They sent me little coupons (once in the mail, and once in my email) for something like $5 off or 10% off, and they contacted me to apologize. That is the type of customer service that shows they care about the people who order, and I really appreciate it.

Valet Gourmet also offers several specials which you can find on their website. Sometimes it’s a free 6pack of coke, other times it’s free delivery charge. Whatever it is, it’s nice because the prices can get a bit high! Their website is pretty easy to use, too, although on occasion the description of what you’re ordering can be a bit ambiguous. However, it’s really easy to ...

• call them and ask them anything, and the lines are never too busy. On busy days, the wait time can be quite long (well over an hour,) but I always remind myself that it would probably take me about an hour to leave my house, pick up the food, and drive back anyway.

As I mentioned before, they charge the delivery based on where you live and how far away it is from the restaurant. I think this is awesome because it’s not fair for people who live 5 minutes away from a restaurant to be charged the same as someone living 25 minutes. Even though it’s only a few dollars difference, it’s helpful. The only downfall is that the prices are higher than if you ordered directly from the restaurant, and they sometimes come with less sides. For example, one of the Japanese restaurants does not

include soup or salad with their Valet Gourmet deliveries although it’s included in the meal if you sit down and order. I’m not sure if it’s included if you order directly through them, though. It’s usually less than a dollar difference, but you also have to pay $5-$7 for delivery, plus delivery tip. Like I said, it can get expensive, but it’s definitely worth it on a lazy day if you don’t do it too often!

Overall, I really love Valet Gourmet, and I’d recommend it to just about anyone. If you’re on a budget, there are so many restaurants to choose from that I’m sure you can find something that is inexpensive. Chai Pani and the Twisted Crepe are both inexpensive options. You can also order almost any type of food through the service, so it doesn’t matter if you want Indian, Japanese or American, it’s all there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76031567940331/k2311a036/3.6.12