Bath & Body works Signature Collection Spider Cider Body Lotion
2.5
  • I’m a big user of Bath & Body Works products because I love the way they smell, and they’re affordable
  • I thought that was too cool, and that is the reason I bought it
  • Maybe it sounds creepy, but I was a bit disappointed
  • It is a fall scent, but I’m thinking about bringing it back out in the summer, because I think it would go well for summer also
  • I would recommend this one to those who like the scent of orange candy

• by WendyBird

I’m a big user of Bath & Body Works products because I love the way they smell, and they’re affordable. One of my latest favorites of theirs is called Spider Cider Body Lotion which is in their Signature Collection line and usually comes out around Halloween. It comes in an orange bottle and has a cool picture of a spider dangling from a web on it.

It’s also one of their most dishonest lotions. I didn’t absolutely love the scent, but on the bottle, it said that it is made with real spiders. I thought that was too cool, and that is the reason I bought it. But, I look it up once I get it

home, on the internet, and of course, it is just a gimmick though it didn’t state as such on the bottle. Maybe it sounds creepy, but I was a bit disappointed.

The scent is almost exactly like that old powdered drink, Tang, from back in the day when it is first put on my skin. Later on, it softens to a more orange Pez candy-like scent. I personally do not love it, though it is not what I would call “stinky”, but my guy friends love it. I get compliments of “you smell gooooood!” all the time when I wear it, which is really the only reason I still wear it. It is a fall scent,

• but I’m thinking about bringing it back out in the summer, because I think it would go well for summer also. It’s orange-ish, but not tropical in any way. It’s not even a citrus type of orange…it really is more like a candy.

It is not greasy, which is a plus, and thanks to the shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin E, it actually helps keep my skin soft. It absorbs well and doesn’t dry my skin out, though not many Bath & Body Works lotions do. It is a white lotion, but rubs on clear. It’s also a little runny.

But, it seems to be a hit with my guy friends and some of my

girlfriends like it as well and have asked to wear some. Everyone loves candy, I suppose. It’s a really loud scent at first, really in your face. But, it does wear down and become softer within the first hour. I think it’s fun to talk about, when others compliment it, though it’s not as fun as it would have been had this had spiders in it (haha). But, it does cause people to give it a second glance when they read my bottle as they dispense it. I would recommend this one to those who like the scent of orange candy. If you do not care for that, then you probably won’t care for this lotion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031567890331/k2311a036/3.6.12