Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment  » Medicine  »
  • I am the sort of impatient person who wants an overnight cure even though I know that one does not exist
  • That said, I love this product because it really speeds up the amount of time it takes for the cold sores to heal completely
  • As I mentioned before, I like that this shortens the healing time
  • The instructions explicitly state to avoid applying this treatment directly in the mouth
  • I highly recommend this treatment to anyone who also gets cold sores

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment. The product is pretty self-explanatory. Every so often, I get cold sores around my mouth. I am the sort of impatient person who wants an overnight cure even though I know that one does not exist. That said, I love this product because it really speeds up the amount of time it takes for the cold sores to heal completely.

I like the way this treatment applies. It has no scent to it. It dries clear so it’s not like anyone can tell you have the treatment on your lips. This treatment is super easy to use. I literally just rubbed some of the product on the region of my lip where I felt the cold sore

popping up. I can usually tell when I’m about to get a cold sore from that itchy, burning sensation I get around my lip even before the bump becomes visible. The earlier I apply this treatment, the better. I reapply about four or five times a day and I get great results. I also like the way this treatment makes my cold sore feel. It helps with that weird itchy feeling. It helps with the fact that my cold sores sometimes feel painful if pressure is applied to them.

As I mentioned before, I like that this shortens the healing time. If I do not treat my cold sores at all, they last about ten days, sometimes a bit longer. If I use this Abreva Cold Sore/Fever ...

• Blister Treatment, I can usually get rid of the cold sore in about five days. That’s half the time! I also notice considerably less scabbing of the cold sore when I use Abreva so the appearance of the cold sore itself isn’t quite as nasty. It doesn’t look like my lip is falling to pieces.

There are only a few things to be aware of when using this product. I made the mistake of getting a little bit of the product in my mouth. Bad idea! The instructions explicitly state to avoid applying this treatment directly in the mouth. Though it was an accident (because the cold sore was very close to the inner part of my lip), I caution everyone to be careful!

I honestly do not

feel like going through the hassle of getting a prescription for a cold sore treatment, so this is the best alternative. Overall, I have to give the Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment a rating of a 9 out of 10. The tube does not come with that much product and is slightly expensive, but this treatment is definitely worth every penny and it does not require a prescription. It significantly shortens healing time. Purchasing this is much preferable to letting a nasty looking cold sore stay on my lips for ten or more days. I now know to always have a tube of Abreva handy so that I don’t have to endure cold sores forever. I highly recommend this treatment to anyone who also gets cold sores!

Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 266031567800331/k2311a036/3.6.12