Olo Acupuncture  » Health  »
119 West 23rd Street, Suite 1001, New York NY 10011
  • And indeed Apple is definitely their brand of choice as all their computers were macs and the staff members we encountered had iPhones
  • Although this was a little tedious, I appreciate their thoroughness and cannot really fault them for trying to provide the best service possible
  • I was a little bit disappointed that the room was not private, there are about ten other beds in there, however it was late in the day and I actually did get the room to myself in this case so I was satisfied
  • The needles are what made me nervous prior to coming so I was happy to find that with the exception of my ear, the needles were hardly painful and after the insertion I almost forgot they were there
  • I really enjoyed my session and felt completely relaxed and my joints and muscles felt loosened

• by agoobacha

As part of my Christmas present my boyfriend got me an introductory treatment at Olo Acupuncture. I have always been curious about this technique but was also understandably scared and needed that little push to actually go and do it. Olo was the ideal place to try this out as we first deduced from their more than stellar yelp reviews. They also had a great deal on an introductory package through yelp, to do the first consultation and treatment for $40 instead of $60.

The place is a little bit hidden as it does not have its own storefront but is instead located on the tenth floor of a random, non distinct building. We had our iPhones and detailed instructions so we were not lost, but I can see how others may have trouble finding the place. The building itself is not very attractive, but once you walk into Olo’s studio you feel the difference. Obviously a feeling of peace is what they were going for and they succeeded. Clean, shiny wooden floors and whitewashed walls make the small place feel spacious and welcoming. Everything seemed so brand new and high techy that I was reminded of Apple Stores. And indeed Apple is definitely their brand of choice as all their computers were macs

and the staff members we encountered had iPhones. This is clearly a stylish, chic place. The front desk person was incredibly helpful and kind, asking various kinds of questions to best determine the kind of treatment I would be needing. Once initial registration is complete, there is a self guided test on one of those fancy Macs that had to be completed. This was rather extensive and a bit tiring after a while as it asks you to list your medical history if your treatment has to do with an injury, as well a detailed questions about your lifestyle and why you sought out acupuncture. Although this was a little tedious, I appreciate their thoroughness and cannot really fault them for trying to provide the best service possible.

After my questionnaire was completed I met with my acupuncturist, who took me into a smaller room and asked me even more questions about why I was there and what I would like to have treated. My back is often sore as I sit a lot being that I work in an office, and I sometimes get migraines, so I shared these issues with her. Following that I was taken into the treatment room, which is a quiet, darkened area with meditation style music playing. I ...

• was a little bit disappointed that the room was not private, there are about ten other beds in there, however it was late in the day and I actually did get the room to myself in this case so I was satisfied. The acupuncturist places two needles in my ears, a couple on my back and one on my foot. The needles are what made me nervous prior to coming so I was happy to find that with the exception of my ear, the needles were hardly painful and after the insertion I almost forgot they were there. After a while, she replaced the needles in my back with some glass cups. I did not know that this could be part of the treatment bus she assured me that they were a great way to alleviate back pain so I was very glad that even though it was not listed as part of the service it was available. On the website and when scheduling the appointment we were told that the treatment last a half an hour however I was in the center for approximately two hours. Of course, because it was my first time and there was a good deal of paperwork it was to be expected that it would take longer, however
        the treatment itself was definitely over and hour and I was even allowed to take a nap for a while. I really appreciate this kind of service. I never once felt like I was being rushed even though they were closing for the night right after my appointment. There were only two staff members that I worked with and both of them were extremely friendly and personably seeming genuinely interested in my life and why I came to Olo.

I live in an area that is full of Asian practitioners and there are many acupuncture services around me that I am sure would be even cheaper than Olo, however the service here is unmatched and the place itself is beautiful and literally feels peaceful. I really enjoyed my session and felt completely relaxed and my joints and muscles felt loosened. The results were not as long term as I had hoped they would be and return visits will be necessary but I still loved how it made me feel and will be returning. Olo also has free events and after my treatment they told me about an upcoming day of free acupuncture and suggested I sign up for an appointment which I promptly did.

Beautiful place, great service and definitely worth a try if nothing else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345031567680231/k2311a035/3.5.12