Dove Therapy Go Fresh Therapy Shampoo (Grapefruit & Lemongrass)  » Cosmetics  »
  • And when I heard about the Go Fresh line, I thought that I should go give this line a whirl
  • I like being able to say my hair smells great, or my shampoo, and use my hair as a real testimonial to the product
  • I’ll try it the next time I buy it, because I would definitely use it again or recommend it to a friend

• by ImaginaryClover

Dove has always been the soap of choice in my household. And when I heard about the Go Fresh line, I thought that I should go give this line a whirl.

The bottles are cute, and have a nice colour, simple which is exactly how Dove soap is. The lid is easy to open and close, however, as the product was running low, I had troubles taking the cap off to be able to get the last of it out, so I wasn’t wasting any. However, the bottles have a nice design and aren’t frustrating to hold when they get slippery. The product also doesn’t leak and it doesn’t leak all over the lid and clog it up.

The smell is really nice and it’s not overpowering; light and airy, similar to the Dove bars of soap. You don’t need a lot of shampoo to accomplish a good lather, which is nice, making it last longer. The first time I used it, it made my hair really soft and bouncy, full of body and shine. It

was amazing and I loved it. However, the more I used it, the less bouncy it became. But, the softness did stay for a while, longer than the bounciness did. Yet, as with all shampoos, the softness and all the things from the first wash didn’t last as I used the whole bottle and eventually vanished fully. By the time I was done, my hair has lost the softness and bouncy feel to it. Yet it did last 99% longer than all the other shampoos that I have used. Usually they stop working after the first week. So thankfully this was not as much of a disappointment that I thought it was going to be when I started to notice it fading.

However, if you don’t use it every day, and switch it with a different shampoo, the results will be a lot more significant than if you were to use it every time you wash. It will keep the softness at 100% and the same with the amount of body and bounce your hair ...

• will have. I do really like the smell; however, it does not tend to stay on your hair hours after you leave the shower. Since it’s not very strong to begin with, the scent wears off very quickly, which doesn’t really bother me but it is a shame, since it’s a really nice scent. I do wish the scent was a little bit stronger for that matter, so it would stand a better chance of actually being able to stay on my hair longer. It’s annoying to have shampoo that smells great in the bottle, but won’t last on your hair. I like being able to say my hair smells great, or my shampoo, and use my hair as a real testimonial to the product. However, with this I can not, which is a disappointment.

Overall, it does do its job, even if it’s only at 80% strong after the first week. And not to mention that it does not last as long as the bottle lasts, which is what I see happening with a

lot of shampoos that I have used. But I have found that if you use it every other wash, switching it with different shampoos or not using it as much in general, it will keep a better result than using it every single day. Or have a shampoo that will take off the excess build up that might be left by the shampoo. It’s not expensive, which is great since it does work pretty well, and is still a good buy in the long run. I would still buy this product again, even though it didn’t work as long as I wish it did. It’s a good price, a good scent that needs to be a bit stronger, and a good design altogether. I would try pairing it up with the conditioner that goes with it to see if it has a better, more long lasting effect than just the shampoo alone. I’ll try it the next time I buy it, because I would definitely use it again or recommend it to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312031567430331/k2311a032/3.2.12