Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • They are weird, but their shampoos do have a good smell so I thought I might as well try one
  • I think it is the same old formula with a new smell, but if they didn’t then the other hydrating products must be more of a disappointment than this one is
  • The smell is probably the best part of the whole shampoo, a good tropical blend
  • The smell is amazing, and the look is appealing overall, but it just doesn’t work after a few uses, and it still leaves a good ¾ left in the bottle
  • I would not recommend this product if you have really dry hair already, because it makes it seem worse

• by ImaginaryClover

Herbal Essences has always had those weird commercials where the woman is late because she is in love with her shampoo. They are weird, but their shampoos do have a good smell so I thought I might as well try one.

My dad bought me Hello Hydration out of the blue, as he usually does with shampoo, picking ones with cool designs and then the ones he thinks that I will like the scent of. And Hello Hydration does have a very intense smell, and in a good way too. As always, Herbal Essences has made another great smelling shampoo that will make you want to wash your hair several times over. However, after a few washes, I was wishing that my dad had never bothered getting this product and I wanted to return it because of how unsatisfied I was.

My hair has always had a dry damaged feel to it, so I am always open to new shampoos that promise good hydrating or moisturizing formulas. This product was no different. And since it was Herbal Essences I thought that I might as well give it a try since the

girl in the commercial seemed to love it so much. However, media loves to over exaggerate things. It was a new product too, so I thought I should test the newest formula, since I thought it would be a lot better than products that have been out for months now. I thought they might have improved their formula, but I don’t think they did. I think it is the same old formula with a new smell, but if they didn’t then the other hydrating products must be more of a disappointment than this one is.

The smell is probably the best part of the whole shampoo, a good tropical blend. The shape of the bottle is nice and easy to hold, and the colours are appealing, but the product just isn’t very nifty at all. I used it once and it made my hair so soft and silky, I loved it. It lathers nicely, you don’t need a lot to get a good lather going, and the blue is really nice, even giving the soapy foam a cute blue tint. I couldn’t wait till I got to use it again, finally ...

• a product that actually helps my hair. Or so I thought.

And I was sadly mistaken, another big disappointment from the big name brand shampoo companies. After the second use, the softness went away gradually, but enough for me to notice each time. The more and more I used it the worse it became. It was super soft, then soft, then kind of soft, and then just dry like it usually is, dry and damaged. Not even close to being hydrated and full of body. It was a really big disappointment and a waste of money. And I still had a lot left to use once my hair had returned to its normal dry state which really frustrated me because it was supposed to get rid of that, not bring it back. The only thing that kept me using the product was mainly the smell because it was the only thing that was good about the shampoo. However, the smell doesn’t even last very long on your hair, having dispersed pretty much as soon as you step out of the shower, and so it’s not even worth it in the long

run.

Overall, the product just sucks. It’s not very expensive, but I still would not waste my money on it again. I think it might have to do with the hair type, because it only worked for a few days at most for me, and I do have thick hair. The smell is amazing, and the look is appealing overall, but it just doesn’t work after a few uses, and it still leaves a good ¾ left in the bottle. If you change shampoos every few days it might work better, or getting rid of the build up that is left from it. However, it’s not worth buying different shampoos to have this one work properly like it should. I would not recommend this product if you have really dry hair already, because it makes it seem worse. And only works for a few days at most. Or if you’re looking for a shampoo that will have a lasting scent or hydrates properly. Because this product does not do any of that, or well, it does, but it doesn’t last as long as it is needed to.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312031567420331/k2311a032/3.2.12