Hollywood Star Cars Museum, Gatlinburg, TN  » Travel  »
914 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
  • As for me, I was impressed how clean the show area was inside
  • She started talking to me about how it must have cost a lot of money to get the real cars from the movies

• by sarahdragon26

After walking 5 miles up and down a steep path to a beautiful waterfall in the middle of the Smokey Mountains National Park, when I got back to my hotel in Gatlinburg, all I wanted to do was put my feet in ice water and relax. But my husband and son wanted to walk the Galtinburg main street and look at the shops and attractions. Normally, I would have sent them without me, but I was interested to see what was around.

Maybe two or three blocks down the street from out hotel was an attraction that belonged more in Kissimmee then in the middle of the Smokey Mountains. It was called Hollywood Star Cars Museum. And out front was the old Camero Bumblebee from Transformers. As well as other cars from other hit movies. I had no interest in going near this museum with a ten foot

pole, but I was dragged to the front window by my son. He saw the Bumblebee car and went crazy. Bumblebee and Optimus Prime are his two favorite. He begged us to take him inside.

Admission wasn’t all that bad, I guess. 13 dollars for adults. 7 dollars for kids. I would have normally fought tooth and nail not to go in the place, but I went because my boys want to go inside. For them, it was the cars. As for me, I was impressed how clean the show area was inside. It was clear that the staff took pride in this place. The cars themselves were behind velvet ropes, so no one could damage the cars. And they were kept in very condition. Clean, polished. Good showmanship. And there were more than a few people in there. Which, in the end, didn’t shock me. I’ve seen ...

• people play tourist in the craziest and lamest things on the planet. And I will count myself in that as well.

My husband liked the 1966 Batmobile, from Adam West’s Batman. My son wanted to take the Delorean, from Back to the Future, home. Me, personally, I would have been impressed if they had the truck was that Optimus Prime from the Transformers Movies. But sadly, they didn’t. It’s a good place for kids to enjoy and men like my husband to relive some memories from their childhood with cars like the Batmobile, the car from Dukes of Hazzard and so on. And cars for the younger generation like Transfromers’ cars and Back to the Future. I was bored easily, but I just followed my boys around with a camera taking pictures.

I remember sitting down inside as my boys moved from car to car in awe

and another woman sat beside me. She started talking to me about how it must have cost a lot of money to get the real cars from the movies. I felt bad about correcting her, but I told her that these were replicas of the originals. The originals were probably still owned by the companies who made the movies, the actors, directors, anyone involved. They were really good looking replicas of the originals, but they were still replicas.

This Museum wasn’t really for me, but if you are ever in the Gatlinburg area and want to just take a look, they have a few of the cars outside the museum. If you’re interested in going inside, it’s a good way to kill maybe half an hour or so. If not, keep walking down the street. There are tons of other things around the small tourist town to look at.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031567290331/k2311a032/3.2.12