Dead Space for XBOX360  » Games  »
  • Dead Space 2 is one of the best and scariest games out there

• by ManofMystery24

Dead Space 2 is one of the best and scariest games out there. It’s one of the few sequels that are better then the first. If you love zombie apocalypses and outbreaks, this is the game for you.

Just like the first Dead Space, the player will find themselves challenged to take on the Necromorphs and to cut off their limbs. That’s one of the most suspenseful things about the Dead Space Games. You can’t just shoot the Necromorphs in the head and they’re dead. You have to severe their limbs. What’s even scarier about it is how determined and driven the monsters are towards killing you. You may have severed one

limb, but it’s not enough. You got to cut off as many limbs as possible.

The beginning is truly terrifying. Issac Clarke is in a straight jacket and a Necromorph outbreak is in the process with no plasma cutter. This really got the shot of adrenaline going. I just wanted to jump into the TV and run for Issac because it seemed like he was going too slow. Instead, I’m pushing the joystick as hard as I can in order to make him go faster. It was like a sense of paralysis was around me.

A terrifying addition to Dead Space 2 would have to be the new Necromorphs the stalkers. I’ll admit,

• I had a hard time sleeping after encountering these guys for the first time. Not only are these Necromorphs fast, they flank you in the dark, in tight areas in big groups. The worst thing is they jump out of nowhere and attack you. When I heard their cry for the first, I stopped and said to myself “what the hell was that?” As I played on through the game, every time I heard that cry, I was like “Ah crap.” There were other new Necromorphs. Some were more annoying like the Pukers and the little baby ones. Then again, there were the black ones with red eyes which were quite
        scary.

There was also a big improvement in Issac’s spacesuits. The suits looked more disciplined and stylish. My personal favorite, was the security suit. Most of the weapons were the same. Probably the most useful one was the Javelin gun. If you upgrade this weapon enough, you’ll only need one spear to take out a Necromorph. The Seeker rifle is also a new addition, and it’s highly effective. Upgrade this one enough, and you’ll take out a Necromorph within one shot.

Overall, Dead Space 2 is how I expected to turn out. Better than the first one with more suspenseful gameplay. If you haven’t played it yet, you got to get Dead Space 2.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281031567170431/k2311a031/3.1.12