NordicWare Petites Mini Muffin Pan
  • In all honesty I prefer using mini muffin cases as I can guarantee nothing will stick to the pan, the odd blob of muffin mixture that misses the case will lift off when baked so it doesn't matter too much if you're not the neatest cook
  • It's a hand wash only product but any residue is easily wiped from the surface with a hot cloth, I've only ever had to put it in soak once and that was  when I had the golden syrup accident - even that sticky mess cleaned up quicker than I thought it would and didn't leave even a hint of tackiness on the surface of the pan
  • I'm absolutely impressed with this mini muffin pan, once again NordicWare have taken a reasonably well known product and given it such an amazing twist of quality that any other brand just seems cheap

• by roundabout

I am a big fan of the NordicWare range of cookware so, whilst browsing amazon.com, when I spotted this mini muffin pan for $26 I decided to treat myself.

The pan makes 24 small muffins; the lining of the muffin cups is non-stick so you can use it with it without mini muffin cases, which can be harder to find than the regular sized cases.  This aspect of the pan works extremely well; last night I made a batch of carrot cake mini muffins without cases and most of them slid out smoothly, one or two stuck slightly but that tended to be in patches where largish clumps of carrot had worked their way out of the muffin and burned onto the

pan. Some chocolate chip muffins I made recently popped out with a 100% success rate because they baked to a clean finish, but some experimental mini golden syrup puddings didn’t work out too well as the syrup welded itself to the bases of the muffin cups.

In all honesty I prefer using mini muffin cases as I can guarantee nothing will stick to the pan, the odd blob of muffin mixture that misses the case will lift off when baked so it doesn’t matter too much if you’re not the neatest cook.

The pan is made of aluminum which not only makes it lightweight, but also means the heat is conducted well to create light and fluffy muffins. A recipe is supplied ...

• on the sleeve of the pan, this makes a nice plain muffin but is slightly heavy in texture. Obviously any muffin mixture will work, although the bite-sized dimensions of the muffins makes using chunky extras tricky - you’ll need to chop down cherries, walnut halves and bulky things like that otherwise the muffins become overfilled.  Cupcake mixture works too, the elongated shape of the finished cupcake makes them ideal for lots of buttery icing and the consistency is always wonderfully light.

The tray is rimmed with steel, this helps to prevent the pan from warping and means you can use the full range of oven temperatures with no damage to the pan. This steel rim also gives the pan a rigid finish,

balancing the weight well for ease of lifting.

I’ve used this mini muffin pan numerous times and it still looks brand new. It’s a hand wash only product but any residue is easily wiped from the surface with a hot cloth, I’ve only ever had to put it in soak once and that was  when I had the golden syrup accident - even that sticky mess cleaned up quicker than I thought it would and didn’t leave even a hint of tackiness on the surface of the pan.

I’m absolutely impressed with this mini muffin pan, once again NordicWare have taken a reasonably well known product and given it such an amazing twist of quality that any other brand just seems cheap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329021566921129/k2311a0229/2.29.12