Pantech Crux (CDM8999) phone  » Phones  »
2.0
  • When I first looked at the phone I thought that the screen looked pretty big because the phone is average sized

• by kingcarlos

The Pantech Crux is a feature phone that was offered through Verizon Wireless. It costs $49.99 with a two year plan. I have had mine for about a year and a half so I have gotten used to it. This is my take on the phone.

Pros: -It looks really good. I really like it because it looks like a smartphone. I guess you can “fit in” with the crowd by have this phone.

-There is

no data plan required with this phone. This is the main reason that pushed me to buy this phone. I didn’t want to pay for the data plan to get a smartphone so I opted for this one instead.

-The phone has a bright display. I like the looks of the display. It is somewhat hard to see in bright lights but looks great inside.

-I think the call quality it good. Every call I get sounds clear.

Cons: -The user interface really confused me for the first couple of months. It makes very little sense why things are laid out the way that they are. I really don’t like it.

-The touch screen sucks. There is no other way to put it. It is incredible hard for me to text because the phone with miss letters or put wrong letters.

-It has a really small screen. When I first looked ...

• Pantech Crux (CDM8999) phone
      at the phone I thought that the screen looked pretty big because the phone is average sized. Well a lot of the phone is not screen. The lack of screen space makes it hard to text.

-There is a physical play button on the top of the phone. I put the phone is my pocket. Every time I lean over to do something, the play button gets hit and music starts playing. This really drains

my battery and forces me to put the phone on silent.

-Battery life is unpredictable. Some times the battery will last for a week. Other times it will last for three hours. Also, one minute it will show four bars (full) and five minutes later it is at one bar.

Overall I don’t love the phone. It looks cool, but has a lot of technical flaws. I will be glad when I get to upgrade in six months so I can get rid of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3729021566761129/k2311a0229/2.29.12