Koss Noise Isolating Earbuds with In-Line Volume Control  » Electronics  »
  • I bought a pair of these headphones about eight months ago at Walmart
  • My problem with earbuds has always been that they don't fit well in my ears and the ones that do fit cause pain after a short time
  • The positives of the headphones definitely out-weight the negatives
  • I've had friends tell me that these sound as good as their headphones that cost 3x the price

• by kingcarlos

I bought a pair of these headphones about eight months ago at Walmart. The price was around $20 with tax so I was a little weary of how good they would actually sound. In the package comes the earbuds and three different sizes of rubber cushions. My problem with earbuds has always been that they don’t fit well in my ears and the ones that do fit

cause pain after a short time. I chose the smallest size of cushion and they fit great. They are a plug style bud so that they block out a lot of outside noise without being called “noise cancelling”.

The positives of the headphones definitely out-weight the negatives. The construction is very solid. Even though they are mostly plastic, they feel sturdy. The sound of these earbuds is spectacular. They have a very balanced sound with a great pure sounding treble and a crisp bass. If you are used to the plain earbuds they came with your iPod, you will be blown away by how great these sound! Finally, the price is fantastic. I’ve had friends tell me that these sound as good as their headphones that cost 3x the price.

However, there are a couple of ...

• Koss Noise Isolating Earbuds with In-Line Volume Control
      minor improvements that could be made to this product. The left side of the cord leading to the bud is approximately a third the size of the right side cord. This does not affect the sound, but it is kind of weird to look at. Also, there is quite a bit of cord noise. When you have the headphones in and you rub the cord against something,
      you can here the friction over what you are listen to in your headphones. Neither of the problems are really big, but are worth noting.

Overall, this is a great product. They are probably worth twice what they cost. They should be available at your local major retailer (walmart, target, etc.). I would strong recommend buying a pair. You will more than likely never use your other headphones again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629021566721129/k2311a0229/2.29.12