Almay Smart Shade Concealer (Light/Pale)
  • I also noticed my skin seems a bit healthier after using this product for a while (probably something to do with the fact that it’s SPF 15)
  • One other small problem I have is that the lightest shade they sell is still a little darker than my sun-deprived, winter skin tone, so I usually switch to concealers that match better when I lost what little sun I had on my skin (apparently I am pretty pale)
  • Also, I have noticed that when I am reaching the end of a bottle or if I have left the bottle sit for a while the colors do not blend as well
  • Overall, I think this is a worthy enough product, with some minor issues that are easily resolved
  • If you have skin that is not extremely light I would recommend at least trying it

• by Alanna Rosewood

Almay Smart Shade Concealer (Light/Pale) is thus far one of my favorite concealer brands I have ever used. At first I really did not like it because I was used to heavy makeups that I used a lot more pressure to apply. I simply was not very good at applying a makeup this light. After a while, however, it grew on me as I become more adept at applying it correctly. It is very light, goes on smoothly, and blends in perfectly with my summer skin tone. It also covers up blemishes much better than I would expect for such a light concealer. Furthermore, it stays on

all day as long as you do not rub your face too much, and even withstands sweaty workouts. I also noticed my skin seems a bit healthier after using this product for a while (probably something to do with the fact that it’s SPF 15).

This product also tends to last me at least a few months because a small amount usually goes a long way. I do run out more quickly when I am having more issues with my skin, but that is to be expected because I then use more makeup. My only real complaint is that it is such a small bottle and it ...

• costs around $8, so I can buy other concealers that work basically as well, but maybe are not as comfortable, for cheaper prices.

One other small problem I have is that the lightest shade they sell is still a little darker than my sun-deprived, winter skin tone, so I usually switch to concealers that match better when I lost what little sun I had on my skin (apparently I am pretty pale). As far as I have heard, no one can tell the difference when I wear Almay Smart Shade no matter the status of my tan, but I noticed that it just doesn’t blend quite as well

around my jawline. Also, I have noticed that when I am reaching the end of a bottle or if I have left the bottle sit for a while the colors do not blend as well. Often times the darker colors become more concentrated at the bottom, and then I have to wipe it off and start over once I have remixed it a bit. It is an easy problem to fix, but still a little annoying.

Overall, I think this is a worthy enough product, with some minor issues that are easily resolved. If you have skin that is not extremely light I would recommend at least trying it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127021566420329/k2311a0227/2.27.12