Bamboo Bottle (Water Bottle)  » Other  »
  • In practice, unfortunately, the bottle is not nearly as flawless as we had imagined, however it is still very nicely done
  • The main problem is that the bottle is difficult to take apart
  • The top is annoying to unscrew, although I am hoping this issue will lessen with time, as everything settles in and gets used to being opened and closed
  • This is a fun, eco friendly product that I think we will enjoy and get used to over time
  • Although this is bottle is on the heavier side, I have carried it to work the last few days and must say it is definitely not as bad as I imagined, it is a very reasonable weight

• by agoobacha

I have been excited about this product since I initially saw it announced on a blog. For some reason my boyfriend and I are very much into water bottles, maybe it is because we are both somewhat eco conscious and drink water all day every day. The design and idea of this bottle appealed to us greatly.

Using glass is always the cleanest way to go as it eliminates the possibility of BPA and also that disgusting taste that most metal and plastic bottles eventually lend to your beverage. On the downside, however, glass is cumbersome to carry around.

There

is a huge possibility of breaking it and no one wants to deal with a bunch of broken glass shards in their purse of backpack. The bamboo bottle solved the problem! It’s a glass bottle covered by bamboo, which is lightweight, durable and allows whatever it is you are carrying around to breathe, yet provides an extra layer of insulation.

We were very excited to get the bottle, however it sold out immediately upon its release and we have waited for over a year to get our hands on this thing. Finally we exchanged an early Christmas present and it was the bottle for both of us! We immediately tried it out.

In practice, unfortunately, the bottle is not nearly as flawless as we had imagined, however it is still very nicely done. The main problem is that the bottle is difficult to take apart.

The top is annoying to unscrew, although I am hoping this issue will lessen with time, as everything settles in and gets used to being opened and closed. But more than just the top, it is very hard to take off the bamboo encasement and take out the glass bottle within, which is necessary for cleaning or ...

• Bamboo Bottle (Water Bottle)
      if simply wanting to prevent the light bamboo from staining while you’re pouring something dark in the bottle.

Another, albeit smaller issue, is that the bottle looks and feels quite heavy, but it is in actuality only seventeen ounces, which is hardly bigger than our glasses at home. This is not ideal, but we were aware of how small the interior was when getting the bottle, so in all fairness, this is just a general gripe not an unexpected surprise.

This is a fun, eco friendly product that I think we will enjoy and get used to over time. Even though

it is not an ideal size, it is still more convenient than carrying paper cups back and forth and allows a way to get water without destroying the planet or polluting your body with strange chemicals.

Because this is a new product and it is very attractive, it is a bit pricey, however I expect that the price will soon drop to what any higher quality water bottle costs. Although this is bottle is on the heavier side, I have carried it to work the last few days and must say it is definitely not as bad as I imagined, it is a very reasonable weight.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1223021565960329/k2311a0223/2.23.12