Purina Yesterday’s News Cat Litter
  • One day when I was at the pet store picking up more Feline Pine, I found that the store was actually out of pine, and the store clerk directed me to Purina Yesterday’s News which he said was exactly the same
  • It was dark in color but because the consistency was essentially the same I figured my cat would not have a problem adjusting to the new litter
  • The price was also pretty much the same, so that was not an issue to consider
  • After a few times of the kitty using the bathroom I noticed the pellets still looked the same in size and shape, meaning that they were still fully usable, whereas the pine would literally fall apart after one or two uses

• by agoobacha

We recently adopted a kitten from our local shelter and have been experimenting with different kinds of litters, trying to find one that works best for our needs, values, and financial situation. We try to be environmentally conscious, so that was immediately a concern when selecting a litter, however we also do not want to be breaking the bank every time we need to get a fresh batch, and of course we are concerned for the animal in our care and do not want to get anything harmful or chemically enhanced for our cat. We initially decided on Feline Pine, because it was reasonably priced

and also all natural, but soon discovered that this was a good idea in theory but not at all in practice because it tracked like crazy and did not last long at all.

One day when I was at the pet store picking up more Feline Pine, I found that the store was actually out of pine, and the store clerk directed me to Purina Yesterday’s News which he said was exactly the same. Obviously it was NOT exactly the same because it was not made of pine, but I was intrigued by the concept all the same.

The litter was shaped into the same

kind of pellets as Feline pine, however it was made from one hundred percent recycled newspapers. It was dark in color but because the consistency was essentially the same I figured my cat would not have a problem adjusting to the new litter.

The price was also pretty much the same, so that was not an issue to consider. When I poured the new litter in, my cat was a bit hesitant at first, but I mixed it in with the old and he was eventually comfortable enough to use his new litter box.

I noticed the difference right away. There was hardly any tracking ...

• Purina Yesterday's News Cat Litter
      at all because unlike the pine, which fell apart into little shreds upon getting wet, the newspaper pellets simply expanded to hold in the moisture.

This is doubly helpful because not only does the cat not track little pieces of litter all around making our house disgusting, but also because it takes a long time for the pellets to absorb their maximum capacity of waste. After a few times of the kitty using the bathroom I noticed the pellets still looked the same in size and shape, meaning that they were still fully usable, whereas the pine would literally fall apart after one or two

uses.

I change my liter half as much as I did with the feline pine. There is absolutely no scent with this litter, it is really easy to get rid of as it is flushable and even what does get tracked is easy to sweep up and does not get lodged in cracks on the floor or spread around with the dust.

I am very pleased with this product and its lack of intrusion in my life. The cat does his business and I clean up less, spend the same amount of money, and am actually contributing to the recycling process which makes me happy.

This is a great idea from Purina!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2923021565880329/k2311a0223/2.23.12