OPI Nail Polish Top Coat  » Cosmetics  »
  • In my opinion, one of the most important parts of my nail care routine is the top coat that I use
  • I prefer fast drying top coats that have some sort of anti-chip formulation to keep my nails looking perfect for the few days that I have a certain color on them
  • I got this one at my local Walgreen’s for about nine dollars which is comparable in price to Seche Vite but definitely more expensive than brands like Sally Hansen
  • I love it when my nails look so shiny that they almost appear “wet” if that makes sense
  • This top coat does an amazing job of extending the wear of my nail polish

• by intensify

I am a huge nail polish junkie. It’s to the point where I have a collection of shades numbering over fifty and I repaint my nails three times a week because I get bored of the color so often. In my opinion, one of the most important parts of my nail care routine is the top coat that I use. I prefer fast drying top coats that have some sort of anti-chip formulation to keep my nails looking perfect for the few days that I have a certain color on them. My most recent purchase was the OPI Top Coat. I had previously been using the Seche Vite top coat and though I loved this product so much,

it dried out and got super thick and goopy very quickly. I wanted a top coat that would last a bit longer so I purchased this OPI alternative. I got this one at my local Walgreen’s for about nine dollars which is comparable in price to Seche Vite but definitely more expensive than brands like Sally Hansen. It contains 0.5 fluid ounces of product which is comparable to the size of other available top coats so all in all, I find the price very reasonable.

The two main things that I look for in a top coat are how much shine it adds and how well it protects my nails from chipping. This top coat does both well. I love it when my nails look so shiny that they almost appear “wet” if that makes sense. This OPI top coat definitely adds a lot more shine than would be possible simply by building up the nail polish itself. More important than the shine is whether the top coat prevents my nails from chipping. This top coat does an amazing job of extending the wear of my nail polish. I would estimate that with no top coat at all, my nail polish will last me three days maximum. With Seche Vite, it would typically last five or six days. With this OPI top coat, I have gone a week and a half with no chipping or major signs ...

• OPI Nail Polish Top Coat
      of wear.

I also really like the size of the brush itself. It isn’t so small that I have to use like ten swipes to coat my entire nail but it isn’t so large that I have trouble getting precise, non-messy application of the polish. It typically takes me about two to three swipes of the brush to coat my entire nail. I am very picky about my nail polish brushes and this one definitely passes the test. I also don’t get those weird bubbles on the surface of the nail polish that I’ve already applied when I use this top coat. I’ve had problems with bubbling in the past using the Sally Hansen Fast Dry Top Coat.

The

thing I prefer about this product over the Seche Vite is that it doesn’t get goopy or dry up in the bottle! The Seche Vite took on this weird gel like consistency over time that just made it impossible to use but this OPI top coat fortunately does not do that.

Those are all the pros I can think of. The only con as far as I’m concerned is the strong chemical-y smell of this nail polish, but what nail polish doesn’t smell like that? It’s to be expected so I can’t necessarily say that I am surprised that this top coat doesn’t smell like roses. Overall, I have to give the OPI Top Coat a rating of an 10 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123021565750229/k2311a0223/2.23.12