Clinique Soft Pressed Powder Blush  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • My overall impression of this product is that I love the color but hate the consistency
  • I think that the shade looks very natural on my face but the powder itself is a pressed powder that feels too hard and somehow crumbles very easily
  • Yes, I will continue to use the rest of this up especially because I paid so much for it but no, I will never repurchase this blush again in the future and I honestly do not recommend it to anyone

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Clinique Soft Pressed Powder Blush from Nordstrom. It was about twenty one dollars which is very expensive for just one compact of blush, but very typical of most products from the Clinique line. My overall impression of this product is that I love the color but hate the consistency. I think that the shade looks very natural on my face but the powder itself is a pressed powder that feels too hard and somehow crumbles very easily. I was surprised at how fragile this powder seemed to be and initially thought that I may have received a defective product but then I went to some online beauty forums and found that other people feel the same way about this powder.

To start with,

the brush included with this blush is absolute crap. Why Clinique decided to even throw this in I have no idea. It sheds like crazy. Unless you want to end up with a bunch of stray brush hairs on your cheeks, do not use the brush. As for the blush itself, the thing I do like about it is how natural it looks. It is very easy to blend. It’s pretty sheer if I use a very light hand but I can go back and layer on more with visible results. I can go from a very subtle glow to a more intense look very easily because this blush is buildable. It offers pretty decent pigmentation and is pretty true to the color in the pan. It ...

• is one of those blushes that is slightly glow-y so it pretty much eliminates the need for an additional highlighter on the face. This blush is also long lasting. I don’t notice any oily breakthrough on my cheeks (but that may just be the mattifying primer I use first on my face and have absolutely nothing to do with this blush). The blush also comes in 10 different shades so there is a pretty good color selection for all skin tones. I have mocha pink which is a gorgeous shade. It’s fragrance free which I like. It hasn’t broken me out or caused any skin irritation whatsoever.

Now for the things that I do not like about this blush. It is super expensive and the quality honestly

just does not feel up to par considering the really high price. Why is it so crumbly and fragile? Honestly, that is the only thing holding me back from liking this blush. It looks beautiful once on my face but you should see my compact. It’s all crumbled up and that makes it hard to get product onto the brush. Overall, I have to give the Clinique Soft Pressed Powder Blush a rating of a 5 out of 10. It was a big disappointment for me in the end. Yes, I will continue to use the rest of this up especially because I paid so much for it but no, I will never repurchase this blush again in the future and I honestly do not recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021565581129/k2311a0222/2.22.12