Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer
  • I am a pretty big fan of stick concealers because I think they are the easiest to apply especially compared to liquids (which can get messy) and powders (which can look cakey)
  • I think the thing that disappointed me about this product is its claims to be a full coverage concealer
  • I like that this foundation has good coverage but not in a heavy way
  • This is a great product that I do recommend, but I would suggest that if you are looking for a cheaper alternative – go for the Revlon Photoready concealer instead

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer. I am a pretty big fan of stick concealers because I think they are the easiest to apply especially compared to liquids (which can get messy) and powders (which can look cakey). I have really been loving the Revlon PhotoReady stick concealer recently so I wanted to see how this Dermablend one compared to it. Though I still like the Revlon one better, this is a very nice concealer.

I think the thing that disappointed me about this product is its claims to be a full coverage concealer. I disagree. Though it did give me a good amount of coverage when it came to undereye circles, I did not notice absolutely full coverage once I blended the concealer in

the skin. When I swiped the concealer under my eyes, it did really cover up the darkness but of course you have to blend it into the skin and once I did this, a bit of that wonderful coverage disappears. I would probably call this medium coverage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I always go for super heavy duty concealers when it comes to my under eye circles because I have very dark skin in that region and I need a lot of help with concealing there.

What I do like is that this concealer is super easy to apply straight from the tube. I swipe it on and then blend in the concealer either with my fingers or a concealer brush. As far as ...

• makeup products go, this one is pretty low maintenance. I like that this foundation has good coverage but not in a heavy way. What I mean by that is that it doesn’t look cakey nor does it settle into fine lines. I have slight crow’s feet at the edges of my eyes and even when I swipe concealer over this area, you can’t see any product building up in those little ridges. It blends completely into the skin because it does not have a super thick consistency. It applies almost like a cream even though it is in stick form. What I have also found with stick concealers in general is that they can be sort of drying but thankfully this one is not. This concealer has
        good staying power. It did not fade or melt all day long.

I don’t like how limited this concealer is. I can’t really use it over blemishes as well as I can over undereye circles. It just does not conceal as well. I also don’t like using this stick concealer over my acne scarring. Overall, I have to give the Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer a rating of an 8 out of 10. It is an easy to apply, medium coverage concealer with no caking, no settling, and no heaviness whatsoever. I have been very happy with the results. This is a great product that I do recommend, but I would suggest that if you are looking for a cheaper alternative – go for the Revlon Photoready concealer instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021565461129/k2311a0222/2.22.12