Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer
  • So in the interests of my stomach I decided to buy an oven thermometer to find out what was really going on in there, and having checked out a few online I chose the Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer
  • The first time I used it I found that the minimum temperature is actually around 100 degrees centigrade, quite a difference there
  • I like how quickly the thermometer cools down when I take it out of the oven

• by MaggiBee

For the last year I’ve been cooking on a small gas cooker. It’s got the usual four burners, but the oven is smaller than normal and this was causing real problems for me.

According to the instructions, the oven has a temperature range from 50 to 300 degrees centigrade. Sadly, it didn’t come with these temperatures marked; it just has a knob with several lines of different thickness on it. So using it has been very hit and miss. And my early experiences – which included burnt scones and bread, sad Yorkshire

puddings etc. – made me very sceptical of that temperature range.

For a while I stopped using it for things needing a specific temperature, but I was missing some of my favourites. So in the interests of my stomach I decided to buy an oven thermometer to find out what was really going on in there, and having checked out a few online I chose the Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer.

As oven thermometers go, this is one of the cheaper ones, but it does the job I want it to, which is what ...

• matters. It’s made of stainless steel, quite light with a large dial which is easy to see through the glass door of the oven. It’s got a flat base and a hooked top, so you can either stand it on a shelf or hang it from one.

The oven thermometer is graded from 50 to 300 degrees centigrade – just like my oven, allegedly! The first time I used it I found that the minimum temperature is actually around 100 degrees centigrade, quite a difference there.

To my surprise it took

about 10 minutes for the temperature to stabilise, because with the oven being so small I’d assumed it would heat up more quickly. And I realised I’d been putting things into the oven before it was hot enough.

I like how quickly the thermometer cools down when I take it out of the oven. There’s little chance of my picking it up and burning myself.

Using the Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer has quickly helped me to get back in control of my cooking, and I’m much more confident that I’ll get successful results now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322021565411129/k2311a0222/2.22.12