Hotel 81 Chinatown, Singapore  » Hotels  »
181 New Bridge Road, Singapore 059418
  • Interested with the offer, I decided to book a hotel there
  • I recommend this hotel to anyone who aren’t willing to pay extra for hotels, or to those backpackers

• by second_life

booked my flight ticket to Singapore, for the last time I went there, it came with the option to also book hotels and other facilities. Interested with the offer, I decided to book a hotel there. It was Hotel 81, at New Bridge Rd, Chinatown. I choose this hotel because it read some reviews and almost all of those reviews said that it is a good hotel, although the space maybe isn’t

that big.

When I first arrived there, it wasn’t difficult to find, because it was located very close to the MRT station. The staffs were friendly, and their English was great, which was a big help for those who can’t speak mandarin.

The room itself, as I already read before, was small for hotel room, but it surely clean and tidy. The air conditioning worked nicely, if I couldn’t say that it ...

• made me frozen. So be sure to bring some extra blanket or ask for it if you come from tropical area.

There were also a TV, a phone, a bathroom with shower. They all worked as they should to be. But please don’t expect any refrigerators or wardrobes as the room is quite tiny.

If you are happen to be asked for a room with window or no, whatever your answer is, the

result is not quite different, for the windows at what-they said-as-a-window-room, are half covered by the outer window, which you can’t get rid.

Overall, I have to be honest and say that this hotel has a best-value for its service. I recommend this hotel to anyone who aren’t willing to pay extra for hotels, or to those backpackers. I will surely get back here myself again, if I happen to visit Singapore as a backpacker once more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 220021564930729/k2311a0220/2.20.12