Black Market Minerals Shop , Old Town
2.0
5770 W.Irlo Bronson Mem. Hwy Kissimmee, Florida 34746
  • Interesting name, I know, but I thought it might be interesting to see what was inside
  • I know tourist traps charge a lot of money for their nick-knacks, but this seemed too much

• by sarahdragon26

If anyone has been to Old Town in Kissimmee, they would know that most of the shops in Old Town are tourist traps for people who are visiting the Orlando attractions. One of those tourist trap shops is called the Black Market Minerals Shop. Interesting name, I know, but I thought it might be interesting to see what was inside. And it was different merchandise. Gemstones, dream catchers, odd things here and there. And to keep it true to the fact that it was a tourist trap, it was more expensive then it should have

been. At least more expensive then their online website, which I checked out after visiting the store itself.

I was looking for a geode and saw a really nice one. It was purple with white crystals inside. A smaller size then I would have liked, thou. I picked it up and looked at the price. I had to ask my mother if that was the real price. I didn’t know if I was seeing it wrong. The sticker on the bottom said it was 50 dollars. I know tourist traps charge a lot of money for ...

• their nick-knacks, but this seemed too much. I have seen the small size geodes online at price of 5 Geodes for 50 dollars. So, I put it back. We didn’t purchase anything there, for the fact that everything was just too expensive. I mentioned as much to my mother, but I guess one of the store’s staff members heard me say that because when I past the register in the middle, the girl said that everything in this store was unique to this store alone. I don’t know who she thought she was fooling, but
        I could have found most of this stuff online for cheaper prices. Even the things in the store were cheaper on their website.

I would highly suggest anyone with children not take your children in the Black Market Minerals Shop at Old Town. There was a sign clearly posted that if you break it, you buy it. And there was far too much inside to break. Even by accident. So I left my son with my husband outside. And the fact of the over priced merchandise inside of the shop, you don’t want your kids accidently breaking something.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2420021564860729/k2311a0220/2.20.12