Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Gaming Headset for PS3
  • I bought the P11 headset because it would allow me to enjoy some games' sound better (i
  • I would not recommend this headset for general multimedia or music
  • I found the boom extremely thin (not fragile) and flexible making it easy for me to adjust it to the right position
  • The microphone itself is also small, so I didn't find it as distracting as I thought I might

• by bkats

I consider myself a casual gamer. I play only a few hours a day maximum. I bought the P11 headset because it would allow me to enjoy some games’ sound better (i.e. Call of Duty), play games without disturbing my roommate, and chat with my friends while online gaming.

The sound quality is adequate. The bass is rather shallow despite the 40mm drivers. The highs are well defined but lack dynamic range. Explosions just sound loud, but footsteps and clicking reloads are easily heard.I would not recommend this headset for general multimedia or music. Anyone

with a decent set of Sennheisers or the like will enjoy those better for music or movies. However, I have found these quite enjoyable for gaming as they seem (and rightly so) engineered for game sound.

The mic was probably the least important feature to me, but it turned out to be quite a good feature. I found the boom extremely thin (not fragile) and flexible making it easy for me to adjust it to the right position. The microphone itself is also small, so I didn’t find it as distracting as I thought I ...

• might. I can easily play games with or without it.

The controls/amplifier is my favorite feature. I personally like the ability to control chat and game volume separately. I can mute all the other players with one control and continue gaming. Mic monitoring(hearing yourself speak through the headphones) isn’t something I needed but my friends appreciated me not screaming (or breathing) into the headset.

Build quality is one of the few sticklers of mine. I liked the foam padding and the oversized earcups. Both seemed to be built for the long haul. However, the headband itself

seemed thin, fragile, and a little cheap. It’s my least favorite part of the entire headset and I feel that I might break the headband if I bend it too quickly. It has lasted 6 months so far, but it will take care to make it last longer.

Overall, the P11 represents a good value in entry-level/casual gaming headsets. It has all the barebones features of a typical gaming headset (mic, controls, over-ear cups, gaming sound tuning) presented in a no-nonsense device. At its intended price/market, it delivers on all fronts and exceeds in some.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620021564850729/k2311a0220/2.20.12