Applebee’s in Southgate Michigan  » Restaurants  »
13855 Eureka Road Southgate, MI
  • Although I was disappointed with the original quality of the food, the attitude of the staff made all the difference and therefore I have decided to keep my patronage there
  • I would highly recommend the house margaritas and the tomato bisque soup

• by MsMello

Generally speaking, this is my favorite Applebee’s in the Detroit area. I have found that no matter what time of day I visit this restaurant the service is excellent. Just last week I went there for lunch and although the restaurant was slow and we had decided to linger at our table even after paying the bill, our waitress was attentive and friendly.

My only complaint about this restaurant is that the last two times I have gone

there for dinner my food has been cold. The first evening that this occured I ordered a steak with a side of vegetables and mashed potatoes. The meat was undercooked and the vegetables/potatoes were cold. This happened to not only me but also two other members of my party. Both the waitress and the manager were extremely kind and apologetic about it however and we were brought new food. The manager then took ...

• two of the steak dinners off of the bill. A few weeks later I went back with friends and oredered spinach ravioli. Again the food was cold on the inside. As it turned out, it was the same waitress and same manager there. When I brought up what had happened the manager came to our table, apologized and then personally brought me a steaming hot replacement. Although I was disappointed with the original
        quality of the food, the attitude of the staff made all the difference and therefore I have decided to keep my patronage there.

Of course, this is a food chain therefore I understand that the food is generic and that on busy nights the staff can tend to get behind. What makes this particular restaurant stand out is the outstanding quality of the wait staff and management.

I would highly recommend the house margaritas and the tomato bisque soup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 717021564720129/k2311a0217/2.17.12