Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
  • In my opinion, this tablet beats the iPad 2 any day
  • I suggest you do not add any of your own music or videos to this tablet before upgrading it because there is a chance you might lose it
  • ASUS has definitely thought of everything, which includes HDMI ports, internal memory, G-Sensor and accelerometer all tweaked to their finest
  • This is especially a problem if I am out of range
  • This really isn't a big issue because all tablets have a limit except the limit on this tablet is much higher

• by MisterTickle

This is probably the only tablet I’ve seen that uses Gorilla Glass. In my opinion, this tablet beats the iPad 2 any day. This tablet can do more and can compete like no other tablet I have seen. To start off with, this tablet runs on Android 3.0, which can actually be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). This must be done manually. Android 4.0 is actually not pre-installed. I suggest you do not add any of your own music or videos to this tablet before upgrading it because there is a chance you might lose it. I copied a few songs and actually lost them during the upgrading process.

The actual specs are very nice. This is definitely a high end tablet. The processor used is a NVIDEA Tegra 3. It comes with a front

camera and back camera with 2 MP and 8 MP accordingly. It features a 1 GB memory which is actually enough. The screen is a 10.1 inch Gorilla Glass capacitive screen. I couldn’t ask for more. The specs are pretty amazing as it is. ASUS has definitely thought of everything, which includes HDMI ports, internal memory, G-Sensor and accelerometer all tweaked to their finest.

Just like the iPad, the Transformer Prime has a very sleek metallic back. I’m not quite sure what the material is, but I’m guessing it is aluminum because the metal backing doesn’t contribute a lot of the overall weight of the tablet. In the end, I just love it. The screen is very similar to the iPad’s screen. The iPad is known for being scratch resistant. Keys don’t make a mark on

the screen. This is exactly the case with the Transformer Prime. I used my keys to attempt to scratch the screen and failed. This tablet held on quite well. I find that the Gorilla Glass screen may be a bit unrealistic. For one, I am not exactly putting the tablet in my pocket along with my keys. In the end, I find that there really isn’t much of an opportunity for the screen to be scratched anyways. I have other tablets and the screens are all well cared for.

This tablet does have a GPS function, which I find relatively useful. I wouldn’t say that it is entirely useful for two reasons. The first reason is that I find that its unrealistic to put this tablet on my dashboard to use as a GPS. For one,

• Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
      it is just too big and blocks my view. The second reasons is that it isn’t a true GPS. There is no chip as far as I know of. The system uses cell tower technology to pin point my location. This is especially a problem if I am out of range. When this GPS meets the conditions, it will work smoothly. It mainly uses Google Maps as the navigation. There are a few problems with this because where I am at, Google Maps isn’t entirely accurate. There are streets not shown on Google Maps so this is a bit of a problem. In the end, I would actually avoid the GPS feature just because it could be improved.

The overall performance is great. Multitasking isn’t a problem until up to ten applications. When I open too

many, this tablet does start to lag. This really isn’t a big issue because all tablets have a limit except the limit on this tablet is much higher. I can actually smoothly run five applications at once without a problem. Some applications do end up hogging more memory, which can be a problem. I use a Super Task Killer application to close it. Gaming is actually very nice. I find that the sensor is very sensitive. I may even say that it is a bit too sensitive mainly because a slight tilt will have a big effect of what goes on on the screen. Apparently there is no way around that. I can’t exactly tweak the settings and reduce the sensitivity. In the end, I don’t really have a lot of options in terms of tweaking the settings.

Asus Transformer Prime Tablet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615021564511229/k2311a0215/2.15.12