Lancome Le Rouge Moisturising Absolute Base  » Cosmetics  »
  • Before applying lipstick I like to apply a primer product, at one time I would simply use a quick drying moisturiser as a base for my lip make-up but since discovering Lancome's Le Rouge Moisturising Absolute Base I haven't found anything better

• by roundabout

Before applying lipstick I like to apply a primer product, at one time I would simply use a quick drying moisturiser as a base for my lip make-up but since discovering Lancome’s Le Rouge Moisturising Absolute Base I haven’t found anything better!

The basic premise of the product is that you apply a few minutes before your lipstick; the Base works to moisturise your lips like a balm, while also providing a smooth base for your lip colour.  It applies just like a lipstick only because it’s designed to be neutral you don’t need to use a lipliner if using alone without colour.  It’s not precisely clear, after application your lips will have a

soft shine to them and also a subtle pearlescent effect which adds a feminine shine.

I rarely use it without lipstick however, and this is where this fantastic product really works.  It’s totally non-sticky and not greasy in the slightest, I think of the Base as a lip balm more than anything as it sinks so thoroughly and quickly into the skin on my lips.  It gives a very slight plumping effect to my lips (particularly my bottom lip) but this isn’t as pronounced as when using a specialised lip plumping product, the main advantage to the Base being that it gives me a completely smooth and even base over which to apply my ...

• lipstick.  My lipstick literally glides on over the Base, leaving me with even and totally smooth colour - I find this effect is best either with girly pinks or bright reds as these shades in particular work best when your lips are in tip top condition.

You’ll also find your lip colour lasts longer when you apply over the Le Rouge Base, it’s like the Base helps the lipstick cling to your lips and when using the Base I’d estimate I get at least an extra hour of full on colour compared to when I use lipstick alone. This is also true when using gloss over the Base, with both the shade of the

gloss and the shine lasting for much longer.

The moisturising properties of this Lancome lipstick primer are excellent, I can feel the skin on my lips drinking in the moisture and plumping out as they rehydrate.  Within minutes of the first application my lips felt softer and smoother, and after around the third time I used it the slight amount of chapping I was suffering with had disappeared and my lips looked as good as any supermodels!  Because of this I will sometimes apply this Base before bed simply as I feel it’s so effective as a lip balm, when I get up in the morning my lips are kissably soft and feel in absolutely perfect condition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115021564411229/k2311a0215/2.15.12