McCalls Sewing Pattern M6503  » Other  »
  • When I was browsing around looking for dress patterns, I came across this McCalls sewing pattern m6503 which I thought would be a great dress to sew because I could incorporate the floral print trend
  • I noticed that each of the views are similar in design, and the only thing that makes them different are the short sleeves
  • I like how the collar comes around the neck and then drops into a v-neckline
  • Then the skirt flares out into a perfect a-line dress which I am happy about because I love a-line silhouettes
  • However, I have noticed that using cotton is probably the best choice if you want a comfortable and breathable dress

• by C.Channing

Spring and summer are right around the corner, and one of the popular trends for the two seasons is floral prints. When I was browsing around looking for dress patterns, I came across this McCalls sewing pattern m6503 which I thought would be a great dress to sew because I could incorporate the floral print trend.

In the envelope the pattern has four views. I noticed that each of the views are similar in design, and the only thing that makes them different are the short sleeves. Two of the views have sleeves and the other two

does not. Although I have sewn all four views my favorites are “c” and “d”.

The view I have sewn the most times is “c” because it is the perfect spring and summer dress. I like how the collar comes around the neck and then drops into a v-neckline. What makes the v-neckline great is that flounces on each side which stops at the waist. Then the skirt flares out into a perfect a-line dress which I am happy about because I love a-line silhouettes.

I cut this dress for the size six which was pinned to my ...

• wisteria floral print that I purchased from Mood Fabrics online. The floral print is made up of pastel colors which I thought would be very flattering on me. The print almost resembles a painting the way the design was created, and the fabric is lightweight cotton which makes it breathable and comfortable to be in.

I loved sewing this dress because there were not a whole lot of details put into the dress. The only real detail I had to be concerned with were the flounces which I find very easy to sew. I had a few

notions which were not bad considering other detailed patterns I have created in the past, and I found finishing the dress to be a quick process for me.

The McCalls sewing pattern m6503 is a great pattern to sew to include into your spring and summer wardrobe. There is minimal sewing work which goes into making the dress, and I like how this pattern can handle various fabrics. However, I have noticed that using cotton is probably the best choice if you want a comfortable and breathable dress. It is a really great casual and youthful dress to sew.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1215021564361229/k2311a0215/2.15.12